Post match: Arsenal v Liverpool (EPL 4/1/24 4.30pm)

At least Gomez made a nuisance of himself to Martinelli. Martinelli just went past TAA like he was a training pylon…

3 Likes

Also just back from injury, still working his way back to fitness and forced back into action today due to the issue with Bradley

Who said it was TAA’s fault?

Do you know what Bradley does when he loses the ball or gets skinned? He goes a bit narrow as that is where all inside forwards like to do now and chasing them down the line while harassing them which increases the chance of nicking the ball off them.

Bradley literally showed the textbook example of that on Martinelli when LFC hosted Arsenal back at Anfield.

If a 20 year old can do that, why can’t a 25 year old do a 50% version of that?

Well you saying he consistently doesn’t try. And Mascot is done with him at full back.

He’s only ever played full back, reinvented the position, and had more success at his age than any other full back in the world

3 Likes

I obviously love Bradley. He grew up down the road from me. But he’s played 3 games

3 Likes

Definitely a day to forget. Sunday league mistakes from most of the players but it does happen to most teams. Thought Konate Red was correct. He’s a good centre back but has an awful habit of wrestling the player instead of attacking the ball. There’s no need for him to do it as he’s got a great leap he’s strong as an ox and he’s quick. Lost to the better side on the day. Lick your wounds and get back to winning ways next week.

4 Likes

There are very distinct difference on how the interpretation of the RB position by Bradley and TAA especially on defensive positioning and work-rate.

There is a reason why some commenters here are furious on TAA’s lack of work-rate at RB…

1 Like

Agree. Most games he does the basics really well. But at times he starts using his hands when he really doesn’t need to use them as much.

1 Like

Klopp pointing out to sky the ref differences between Konate cards and for Arsenal. Good to point it out otherwise it just gets lost in the noise.

4 Likes

Not for me. That ball should have been dealt with by VVD before it bounced. After that it’s not in our control. It’s a long way from goal to be letting the goalie deal with. The swipe from Ali was bad (being kind).
But those two have single handedly won us games so personally just putting it down as one of those days.

VVD had two chances to nod it clear. He is superb, but today not so.

1 Like

I take it you mean the whisky from my town?

I’ll never get used to that :joy:

We didn’t need today as the last straw though, We saw for 6 months at the start of last season how vulnerable he is defensively when he doesn’t have a Hendo or Fab covering for him. Everyone knows he’s terrible defensively and moreover he doesn’t even want to be in defensive areas, he’ll finally make a successful tackle in a 1 on 1 in his 100th attempt and apparently he’s back to being a competent defender again, no.

Bradley in every appearance he’s made this season is what a competent RB that can defend looks like. He was a big miss today.

1 Like

Get on the bus , plane home…they all know that was a shit show…we know it was a shit show…its disappointing…but when u have dumb n dumber officiating and peppy le 2 running round like a headless chicken screaming at our players, u know u are on a hiding to none…Ali and Virg need to sort out the “whose ball is it game”…we need to regroup, and go out n fight from now on…but alas today was not out day…

I’m not sure what everyone’s complaining about considering that if not for two dead giveaways by Alisson, it would have ended a draw.

Furthermore, consider that it was likely that Bradley would have played this game as well as Szoboszlai, so last-minute changes can be harder to deal with.

2 Likes

Felt we weathered the storm and were comfortable and even more likely to score again. Until their second. Changed the game and we couldn’t get back.
No shame losing to a title rival. They played well especially in the 1st half and similar to the cup game we couldn’t get out. Would they have won had we not gift wrapped the second goal? I don’t think they would.

3 Likes

I’m just going to put my head above the parapet btw: Ibou’s two yellows were two yellows by the letter of the law. Soft, but still. I was more annoyed with him than I was the ref.

2 Likes

Yes, Klopp has said that Trent can’t play 90 yet.

First yellow for Konate - both are pulling shirts. The purple shirts don’t help.

It was the performance. We hardly lay a glove on them, and looked second best to everything. We were so much better in the FA Cup game a month ago, and the starting XI had 3 changes from that game.

1 Like