Post match: Arsenal v Liverpool (FAC 7/1/24 4.30pm)

Done without VVD, Salah and Dom as well!

A brilliant win,

is it wrong to start getting excited about what this season might bring?

8 Likes

We had 4 first teamers out, 2 replacement of squad players who we would have expected to rely on and yet still delivered and bar the first 30 they didnā€™t have anything guilt edged.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think heā€™s spent enough time in an Everton shirt to hate us.

Heā€™s never been vehemently anti Liverpool though

11 Likes

A key part is defending well and not over reacting when youā€™re struggling to get a foothold in the game. To me, that is what the first half was, and while we were maybe lucky to get away with the chance where they hit the bar I dont think they did too much else, and they were equally lucky to not concede on Trentā€™s effort later in the half.

Half time, in my eyes, was a point not of exhaling and thinking ourselves lucky to be level, but of patting ourselves on the back for defending stoutly while not at our best and regrouping to figure out how to get more of a productive foothold in the game. We then did that and in terms of quality chances created we were so much more the better side in the second half (considerable) than they were in the first (marginal).

11 Likes

He always makes it about himself or his bizarre interpretation of the rules of the game.

In fairness, he got MotM right. KonatƩ was exceptional.

5 Likes

Thereā€™s a massive difference between excitement and expectations. Get excited but manage your expectations and you ought to be fine.

And I would think Shearer should be a lot more complimentary to Liverpool considering his best years as a footballer were ones where he had Liverpool legends coaching his teams.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/joepearce_/status/1744041761427652818

:rofl:

3 Likes

Listening to that twat shearer really enraged me but when we scored I jumped to my feet and literally screamed I really scared my wife so so happy especially after a tense first half but Gomez Ibou and Quansah Trent Ć©tal made some miraculous blocks CcOYR YNWA

5 Likes

Have never sensed any hatred from him. Must admit that I like him though. One of the only public figures who seems to have compassion for vulnerable people and isnā€™t afraid to put their head above the parapet and criticise the scum in government

13 Likes

did anyone see ibou snatch the hat of one of the lads and chuck it during the ist goal celebration

4 Likes

Him and Wright are generally cool with us. Probably not today but otherwise he seems to praise us.

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1744074109351272774

:upside_down_face:
edit, tbh at first I thought this was a parody but itĀ“s not :rofl:

7 Likes

He had only one season with Everton and despite playing for the ā€œbest side in Europeā€ the only thing he won was the ā€œscored more goals than Rushā€ award. Amusingly, that likely IS enough to be considered an Everton legend, but like you Iā€™ve ever never sensed any animosity or particularly bias against us.

4 Likes

mini pep, claiming we are the best team in europe

https://twitter.com/_bensmith28/status/1744074600592314370

1 Like

Nope.

Weā€™re a very good chance in 4 compsā€¦bring it.

8 Likes

Superb win. No Virg, no Salah, no Robbo, no Szobo. Four definite starters, and then no Tsimikas and no Endo, who have both been playing lately.

We were well worth the win. So proud of them all.

I think the Fulham game will be tough, but we go again, then itā€™s a little rest.

Up the purples!

10 Likes

Literally every media write up mentions Arsenalā€™s poor finishing in the first half. The arsenal forums are all talking about Havertz missing chances. The stats reflect their missed chances and having actually having watched the game I know how many chances they had and if they were poor chances or not. They were not restricted to one effort which hit the bar.

I have no idea why you are so intent on pretending this did not happen.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TheKopWatch/status/1744059489295155696

1 Like