Post match: Arsenal v Liverpool (FAC 7/1/24 4.30pm)

We weren’t playing well in the first half. My wife came into the room and asked why I wasn’t wearing my lucky LFC socks she bought me for Christmas. I’d forgotten! So I put them, we started playing better and won!

That can’t be a coincidence!

14 Likes

Now you’ve done it.

You’re going to get @GermanRed harassing you about your socks every week.

7 Likes

Next game…sock drawer…just before the game starts…

1 Like

People talk an awful lot of bollocks about football. There also tends to be a very small number of narratives people use to try to fit a description of a game into. Team A were wasteful witht heir chances and got punished is a popular one, but very frequently misapplied. So “other people say so” is no real argument otherwise I guess we’d have to concede that Rafa didnt wint he league because zonal marking is shit or that he cracked up with the facts “rant” and distracted the players from a title charge.

1 Like

Arguably our best game of the season, with a depleted squad. Hats off to the lads. Contained Arsenal first half, with a bit of luck on occasions, but came out of the traps second half with a dominant performance. We set our stall out and it looked fucking awesome. Those young lads who came on did themselves justice in a hostile environment and critical game. Really chuffed for the team and the fans. Alexander Arnold amazing as was Konate with Quansah not far behind, but the whole team put a shift in.

2 Likes

2:50 tomorrow

Which chances exactly. Nunez missed 3 chances Trent rattled crossbar too these better chances than all the Arsenal ones combined.

1 Like

Routine win against another bunch of imposters who think they’re title rivals.

NEXT

1 Like

I’m talking specifically about the first half.

And yes I know Trent hit the crossbar. But him hitting the cross bar doesn’t mean that Arsenal didn’t have several very good chances which they didn’t take full advantage of. Those chances don’t cease to exist just because Trent hit the crossbar.

1 Like

So the chance which hit the bar which other was a sitter or did you think thank god with have Allison im struggling to remember any.

We were better in the second, Arsenal were on top in the first and should have finished but their answer is “transfer market” and that says enough.

1 Like

Who said sitters?

No denying they carved out a few decent chances.
So they should…They are a good side and better today than in the league game i thought.

…and if Jesus wasnt injured…
Had Martinelli been on from the start…
If Havertz wasnt a fucking fraud…
Who knows…All ifs though.

As good as they were in the first half, were better in the 2nd with some noticeable absentees of our own.

I knew with absolute certainty when we got the 1st one we’d get another…put my money on Jota though.

4 Likes

Ok which very good chance then.

If Klopp leads us to all 4 trophies,

i’m changing my babies name to Jurgen!

8 Likes

Yeah I was backing Jota to be the one.

Anyhow missing key players the first half worried me but the second pleased me.

While I could answer and list all the chances, I’m going to assume that you’ll just say that they weren’t good chances.

They actually were if the Arsenal players had done better with them.

Moment of the match right here :rofl: absolutely bodies him off the ball then utterly embarrasses the poor fella. Ben White - “Who the fuck do you think you are bruv”

https://twitter.com/ViktorFagerLFC/status/1744042721256358105/video/1

14 Likes

Good post. As you say, not over reacting is important when you are under the cosh. It is very easy to panic, point finger’s and commit fouls but we handled it well. Gomez was very good first half so much so that they almost stopped passing to Saka. Bradley handled Martinelli well also.

1 Like

Well done lads. Onto Fulham next - we have to find the strength for the last game before the winter break.

A word for our young academy players. Bradley and Clark did not look out of place tonight, and I already see Quansah as the seasoned CB.

We could do with some 3rd tier side in the next round that could allow us to rotate a bit and play a bunch of kids between the Fulham and Chelsea match.

3 Likes