Post match: Aston Villa v Liverpool (EPL 10/5/22 8pm)

I thought he looked quite active when he came on? Their defence struggled at times to clear it.

2 Likes

Three points is all that counts. Tiredness is catching up and Stevie really did not go easy on us. Still, we managed to win and still remain in hunt for the PL.

Fabinho injury was really the bad moment of the game - let’s hope he will be back at least for the CL final as it is hard to see him back for Wembley. And hope Keita is not injured.

Now get some rest and destroy the Chavs on Saturday lads!

3 Likes

Im much more comfortable with someone calling me a cunt than I am with seeing the petulant whining over the supposed limitations and poor applications of the players (who are currently doing something literally historic).

10 Likes

Klopp Sadio mane is a machine.:clap::clap:

3 Likes

That goes both ways Mascot. There was a lot of shit baiting. It was rational discussion after Fab for hurt. You even said the same thing about him playing. Have a look for yourself. Nonsense and unnecessary baiting.

2 Likes

That’s what I mean. And then you have people getting drawn into slagging matches and personal insults.

Personally I think this forum should be quiet as a grave during a football match.

1 Like

With as defensive as I expect Chelsea to be, Hendo in at the 6 is not a bad switch to make. I don’t think it’s what Klopp would have done in such an important game (Fab is rarely if ever not playing), but it’s not a bad match up for us to have to make that switch. Fingers crossed he can rest up and be ready for Real.

4 Likes

Yeah domestically my only issue is the time Hendo will have to play. Really helped VVD at times who I would consider resting if we can after the cup final.

There are certain injuries we can’t afford this one isn’t the best but it’s better than some.

Also a point of Alisson spreading himself on Ings in the second half that was a great save and made up for his error in the first.

Glad Digne caught one in his nuts amount of times he went down without needing too.

3 Likes

I would prefer a forefold amount of whining rather than put up with that idea, but then again I didn’t really look at that much of the match thread. Was it actually that bad?

Incredible result with mental and physical toughness at the business end.

Not throwing in the towel and complaining about the amount of games. To keep generating these results is a credit to Klopp and the players.

We just need, and deserve some trophies as evidence of this great season.

9 Likes

Exactly. Some of our guys look absolutely whacked. Klopp said the same after the game. What’s the point in whining about it? We’re right in the middle of something that’s unprecedented

2 Likes

Even in talking about the FA Cup final, both Hendo and Klopp seemed weary. This has literally never been done before. They need the fans behind them more than ever

5 Likes

One poster had over 30 posts in the first half
how could you watch a match and type that much?
Plus the majority of the posts were negative.
I look in at half time, sometimes to see if my view is consistent with the majority or am I reading it wrong.
Then I duck out because its usually toxic.

3 Likes

I’m in the match thread bc @GermanRed comes from the future and that is how I know if we score before the telly catches up

1 Like

exactly
cant afford to play 2nd string

Can someone explain why the offsides wasn’t given, was there a legitimate reason or a mistake? It was less than 40 seconds between the offsides and goal.

4 Likes

What I find from following the match threads in real time as the game is happening, whether I post during the action or not, it gives a good indication of which posters see the game in the same perspective as me, or not. For those that can be overly critical of players, tactics, open goals etc
 to me, it comes across in a similar vein to thinking out loud but using the keyboard to register these thoughts for the world and his dog to read them
 which unfortunately cannot be retracted when the heat of the moment has passed
 As long as grudges and petty arguments that occur during play are not carried over, healthy interaction can be a good way to let off a bit of tension that following LFC can bring about.!
On the real positive side
 It is a good job The Flying Pig is not a supporter of LFC
 can you imagine some of the stuff he would post on here during the game :rofl:

1 Like

They would suggest one that Alisson was a break in the attack it was a rather shit decision if I’m honest as the flag should be going up on the save.

Villa do well with VAR it feels.

Half expected Moss to claim Jota’s decisive touch was a foul but maybe they weren’t after the first goal.

2 Likes

If he thought it was a close offside and he let it play on as he is directed to, he should have raised his flag once Ali made the save. So, he either completely missed it and genuinely didnt think it was offside, or he forgot to raise it once the save had been made. Sounds ridiculous, but it’s possible. It’s a more justifiable explanation that genuinely thinking Watkins was onside.

2 Likes

0-2 really, their goal was a result of an offside Watkins attempt.

2 Likes