POST MATCH: Atalanta Bergamo v Liverpool (UCL 3/11/20 8pm)

Two early goals delivered per request…

4 Likes

Performance wise, Jota ofcourse world class. And will get the accolades because of the goals. But Hendo and Mane were really good as well. Midfield absolutely world class and dominant.

Shout out to the CB partnership - both alert and confident throughout the game and took care of the proceedings without much fuss. Alisson was really good as well. Some very important saves.

BRING ON CITY!!!

12 Likes

I was looking forward to seeing Atalanta. Heard a lot about how good they were but all I can say after seeing that is ‘Can we play you every week?’ Open as fuck with zero pressure on the ball, bet our lads couldn’t believe their luck.

Jota reminds me of Salah in his first season. Every time he gets the ball in or around the penalty area he looks like he might score, and he usually does. Rhys Williams had a steady game and was that the lesser-spotted Joel Matip I saw on the bench? Suddenly we are awash with centre backs.

Job more than done here. Qualification for the knock outs now a formality and we can rest up in the last 3 games. Perfect preparation for the City game.

11 Likes

Top of the Premiership check
Top of champions league group check

5 Likes

Jota is gunning for Bobby’s spot. Hendo, Gomez, Ali proving to be a solid spine, adding Thiago and Matip can only be a good thing

1 Like

What a top class game. Liverpool making a statement, that they can manage without Virgil for now.

Have we qualified for the next Champions league round now?
If we have, resting players would be a good option for Jürgen.

11 Likes

I liked it when Klopp told the referee what a silly little gimpish wanker he was,i’m very good at lip reading.

23 Likes

Something isn’t right here :thinking:

1 Like

Best performance since we beat Leicester at their place last year. Everyone just clicked. Jota must start against City. Still a bit edgy about the middle of defence but Allison makes a huge difference. Well done boys.

5 Likes

Actually it’s any of the front three’s to lose. Currently it’s Bobby, if the other two aren’t upto the mark, it can be them. What a brilliant problem to have!

4 Likes

That performance and the result will have sent shockwaves through Italy. They’ll now realise how far behind Serie A is compared to the Premier League.

4 Likes

Not yet, but I think one more win should do.

4 Likes

Jota’s second goal is just sublime - if Messi scores that the world gets to know - shhhh.

7 Likes

Excellent. We were good all over the park, played well, passing was sharp, Jota hat trick, clean sheet against a tricky team too.

A lot to like.

Now on to city.

2 Likes

Jota, my favorite Portugees.

Becker was the goalkeeper who we know at the moments we really needed him. Defence and midfield solid, Mané and Salah good and then there was

Diogo Jota! :+1:

4 Likes

Not on this game’s evidence. All 3 were razor sharp.

How ice cold is Jota. Like a young, Portuguese Clint Eastwood. No emotions on goals. Jota only celebrates hattricks. And that too with just a smile.

5 Likes

Awesome game from us :laughing::laughing:. This is the front three we need to play from now on. Jota offers a scoring threat that Bobby doesn’t have at the moment. I didn’t know Jota has this burst of pace to skin defenders​:scream:. He has the trickery to beat his markers, but the thing that sets him apart is his ability to run behind defence. I think Bobby doesn’t have that in him and with Jota we have three scoring threat that other teams have to contain which is impossible.
In all accounts tonight was a walk in a park compare to other games this season. This is the reason why so many teams park the bus against us, because if they don’t they get blown away. I admired how Atalanta stick with their way of playing, but they were simply too open at the back and their high line played right into our hand.
Jones looked a lot better tonight, more assured on the ball and offer a few intelligent plays. Rhys William didn’t have much to do and same goes with Gomez. However, they both did had trouble dealing with the size and powerfulness of Zapata on a few occasions.
Other than that it was a really good game and for the first time for a while, an really entertaining game to watch.

On to City and let’s beat them before the break

YNWA

4 Likes

You were missed by some people.

3 Likes

Astonished and pleased at how much of a formality that proved to be.

It was as if they hadn’t studied the way we play at all.

Klopp has a Jota sized headache for Sunday. I’m sure he’ll get some game time, but it will be interesting to see if he starts.

Well played tonight lads.

2 Likes