Post match: Atalanta v Liverpool (EL 18/4/24 8pm

It’s the derby next Wednesday, they’d better fucking turn up for that game.

2 Likes

Second best in both games. Can’t afford to miss chances like Mo did in the first half. Their keeper didn’t have a decent save to make all game.

As I said before, this was a free hit for the players. I wasn’t going to lose it over performances or the result.

I expect to see a performance and better showing in the Fulham game than what we’ve seen recently. That will be the real indicator of where we’re at.

Ref should have been tougher on cynical fouls, but fair play to Atlanta, they won every 50-50 and completely shut us down

1 Like

both teams playing like shit…it will be a fun game

Clean sheet and much better overall defending, the positives.

Unfortunately, that’s pretty much it. Utterly hopeless going forward. The fact that Alisson had so many, if not the most, touches when were chasing 3 goals speaks volumes.

2 Likes

Let’s go win the league and silence the doubters :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank fuck Thursday nights are done with.

2 Likes

That game was so boring it would have put even Donald Trump to sleep.

2 Likes

The fucking passing between Ali and defenders was driving me nuts

1 Like

Hard to pick a MoM as no one was bad but no one was good

3 Likes

That’s something I thought before the game would be enough to keep me hoping we can start winning our games…
But after tonight’s game I can’t help but thinking that it’s very difficult to imagine us winning our 6 games.
We haven’t scored from open play in our last 3 games…
A lot of players with dip in form, and players missing shots they normally would score, like Salah today…
Even the slotta is not getting any joy…

I’m more frustrated by how weak we look than by going out of EL to be honest…because if we win the League nobody will care we haven’t won the EL. But if we don’t win it, the League Cup won’t be much of a consolation…

2 Likes

Counting the days until Mr.“I collect relationships.Other collect trophies” leaves.

1 Like

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

T.S. Eliot

I’m probably being overdramatic. It just feels like the season is petering out.

2 Likes

My 10-0 prediction wasn’t bad…so close

Before the game my expectation was only to see us be better than first leg and really start playing proper football again. This was way off of that. A terrible performance and the lads and coaching staff were outdone in every department.

1 Like

There will be better days. To be fair we have overachieved with our new midfield. Just run out of steam.

I’ve already made that reference. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Got to about the 83rd minute and I had seen enough of that.

I just turned off. That’s a first. I even stuck the home game to the bitter end.

well there is that