Post match: Atalanta v Liverpool (EL 18/4/24 8pm

The thing that pains me most is the realisation that there’s just six games left of Klopp era. What a fucking exhilarating time it was.

Let’s enjoy the remaining six finals. Enjoy while you can, fellow Reds, we were blessed to live in this time.

9 Likes

The best thing about Europa league is…it’s finally over.
6 finals to go. Let’s focus on positives:

• Clean sheet, god knows when did we had the last one.
  • We won and stopped that rot of consecutive losses.
  • Looked pretty good first 20-25 min with fluid attack.
  • That Back 5 played probably for the 6th time together this whole season, Imagine what it would have been without injuries.

Improvements for next regime/Manager :

• gain control of games . Need some warriors in midfield. Mac, Curtis and Dom are too lightweight to control games.

• Find a player like Coutinho, Kaka or even Thiago mould…Someone who has the ability to pick a pass , a defense splitting pass against low block and man mark. Do they not make these kind of lads anymore ?

• Have a clear plan in attack. Right now , there’s a clear lack of understanding between the Frontline. Build the team around lads who will make the next step. Keep Mo, but use him smartly. No manager in the world, would refuse having Mo in their team.

• Make us hard to beat again and retain shape. Drill that into those players in pre season training.

I am somwhere glad today in a way, that boss decided to step down himself. He looks drained out. In this age of keyboard warriors, can’t imagine the abuse he would have got, had we not won anything and team regressed again like last year. Respect for him in my eyes has only grown.

And for the players, show some mettle now , the gaffer never asked u to win it for him. Become strong in handling the pressure, and play for this shirt and for your own dreams of winning trophies.

Someone told me the other day, City have only won once in 7 seasons their all remaining 6 games. So…There’s hope !!!

Finally,
Let’s all just relish the journey of these six games with this once in a lifetime manager who graced us with his presence at our beloved club. Let’s just give this great man a wonderful send off.…the travelling kop now needs to show it once again …what we all feel.

Thanks for the memories Boss !!
Some of us… don’t get happy moments in our lives anymore…you have given us moments which we will cherish for life…

YNWA

3 Likes

I think Jones is so invisible Klopp forgets he’s on the pitch.

At least we got a win, even though we are out of the Europa league, which I still think is an important European Cup competition.

The lads just need to put in all their effort in the last remaining matches.

I am still proud of our team and Jürgen. Nothing lasts forever. The team will be back reinvigorated.l

5 Likes

Whatever happens, Klopp has achieved what he has without cheating or going on his knees to a murderous oil regime. His, and our, dignity is worth a hundred times City and Pep’s ‘achievements’. History will be much kinder to him and us than it will be to them. They can shove their plastic flags and digital banners up their fucking arses, the cunts.

7 Likes

Consider it done.

2 Likes

Atalanta closed in on Macca as soon as he got the ball played to him. It was extremely difficult for him to do anything with it. Also no help from others like Jones who was invisible.
Endo wasn’t playing yesterday. To me it would be better for Endo to play and for Macca to move further up so he could spray those passes to the forward line.

1 Like

Let’s start there and then we take it from there…

1 Like

@cynicaloldgit & @SBYM, are you guys taking a day off?

1 Like

Now that’s what I’m talking about! :blush:

3 Likes

It was their last european game for us?

Not sure i like your lack of biased unwarranted optimism.

1 Like

Seems superstitious to say superstitions don’t work.

But then again, you’ve never been clear-headed.

2 Likes

There are some areas where there may be differences of opinions, but about finding a way to be difficult to beat again, we’ve lost just 3 in the league this season, and one of them was a historical level robbery. No one has lost fewer games. I get across all comps we’ve lost 3 in a month or so in a way that could end up helping to define the season, but this a blip for the current group to get out, not a characteristic the next manager has to solve.

3 Likes

And technically even one of them was a draw in 90 minutes…

1 Like

I probably should have elaborated that point a bit more, but unfortunately, there’s so many things on my mind in a day, as I am a care giver for my dad, my apologies.

What I really wanted to convey by mentioning that point about “hard to beat again”, was basically ensuring not conceding first every game, start games in better mindset, shape. This whole conceding first has been happening recurring theme since last season , so deffo needs to be looked at my whoever comes next after boss. I understand we have had 3 losses, but could have had many more, had we not been able to dug ourselves out each time after conceding first, eventually, one day the luck runs out.

2 Likes

You try to check if mixing up whether we play home or away works, and amateurs put a label on your tag…
No one appreciates the sacrifices anymore…

1 Like

Why you telling me? Tell @cynicaloldgit

1 Like

Totally understand all of that and agree that a lot of what we’ve seen this year with regards to slow starts and falling behind has to change. But how?

I think my response is that all tactical approaches are a cost-benefit analysis. Klopp’s football is not easy and there are ways to hurt us if we get things wrong, but we accept that risk because of all the other ways it sets us up to win games (and having a fucking great time while doing so). What I think we’re seeing this year is a group with lots of new faces largely doing the things right, probably better than we had reason to expect them to, but not anywhere near as automatic as he got his 2018-20 version of it to be. That means we’ve had moments, even periods, where the risks were being exposed. We have got by to the degree we’ve had because of how good individually most of them are and how often they can get it right.

So from here there are two paths forward to getting to the point where we arent finding ourselves having to play uphill so often. One is to bring in a new philosophy that makes us harder to break down by default, but with that comes it’s own draw backs. The other is to just allow this group to continue to mature into something closer to V1.0, which was the path Klopp always assumed would have to happen.

2 Likes

Jesus calm TF down