Post match: Benfica v Liverpool (UCL 5/4/22 8pm)

Oooooooft.

Robbo post match ahahahahah

2 Likes

Really think he needs to sign that contract itā€™s obviously having an effect.

4 Likes

I really only have two questions after that:

(1) Is there a player in world football capable of winning a footrace against the 6ā€™4 200lb KonatĆ©?

(2) Does Gianluigi Buffon think he is being environmentally friendly having the temperature control on in his house when he has all the windows open?

My votes to Keita, Diaz and Trent (how the fuck does he get that pass to Salah under pressure and falling sideways?!).

Did what needed to be done but echo everyone else in how important the Diaz goal was.

6 Likes

Yes lets discuss the timeline of this gameā€¦we have been watchingā€¦go on TIA and youā€™ll have a good ideaā€¦

1 Like

My message to Mo.

7:20-7:25

Brock Lesnar & John Cena Contract Signing For Extreme Rules - YouTube

2 Likes

Maybe it is indeed written in the stars this season.

1 Like

What? The quadruple.

5 Likes

That lady in white is fire.

1 Like

Something like that :smiley:

1 Like

51st champions league win for Klopp at Liverpool wow. That is amazing.

8 Likes

How has Robbo got 22% of the vote? Heā€™s not playing well at the moment and Iā€™m being polite.

1 Like

Robbo:

ā€œI got quite a few lighters thrown at me [taking the corner], maybe it will stop them smoking - so take the postives from it. But you should try not to throw things on the pitch because it can hurt people, luckily none hit me.ā€

12 Likes

I did like how that kept being shown in the Euros, the same Euros fans and teams were flying around Europe (and parts of Asia) to play games.

5 Likes

The third goal completely changed how I feel about that match.

I might be guilty of wanting perfection, but we had plenty of chances to put it out of sight. Naby Keita had an easy header, and Mo and Jota both had great chances one on one. Plus lots of other lesser chances.

The Benfica goal started with a high cross field switch from Trent that put Robbo under pressure for the header, they won the next ball and broke down the flank, cross came in and Konate did his best Djimi Traore impression and couldnā€™t sort his feet out.

Still, letā€™s say what was good. Konate was strong all game, fast, commanding, and a great header for his goal.

That was one of the best games Iā€™ve seen Keita play for us too.

And Diaz, nicely done that man. Every time he got the ball he looked dangerous and wanted to make something happen. They would usually have two defenders on him, or more, snapping away. But he kept going, kept showing for the ball, and got his goal at the end.

3-1 to go back to Anfield and it should be over. The gap isnā€™t enough to be certain, and they will come with some hope. Still, you would have to think we will have too much for them.

That was the first time I have seen Darwin properly, and he is a very good player. Whisper it quietly but Everton looked quite good too.

But not that Everton, obviously!

3 Likes

He was pretty good today, not amazing but better than previous weeks for sure.

Irony was I thought his second half was better than his first sort of went in the opposite direction.

Those spaced out pitches arenā€™t easy for us and itā€™s deffo the size of Wembley having walked around it when I visited Lisbon.

I think they will struggle to get that much space in the second leg and for large parts we closed it down effectively anyhow.

Your in trouble now ā€¦ :grinning:

MotM Diaz despite all the hostility he was our most dangerous forward.

2 Likes

Lady in whiteā€¦really getting on my wickā€¦look loveyā€¦start looking at TIA and youā€™ll see weā€™ve been watching the gameā€¦Iā€™d love to be in the studioā€¦but Iā€™d get kicked out for being too loudā€¦

Then they start talking about weekend game wtf.