Post match: Benfica v Liverpool (UCL 5/4/22 8pm)

I might as well just come out and ask this now:

Does anyone fancy a bum?

Yes, I fancy my wife’s :slight_smile:

Good first half,second,not so much.
Anyway take a decent lead into the second leg.
Diaz MOTM for me.
But,as has been pointed out ,having a second half rest wont work well against City.

1 Like

2nd goal with TAA’s lovely ping.

13 Likes

Away win, 2 goal lead, konate scores his first, new Taskmaster series
a good night.

1 Like

Players rating from OneFootball. (Got this from reddit.)

Not really fair about Bobby.
Look at the comment for Milly! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Didn’t know Everton is in UCL this year.

A bit of a strange take on all of the subs, considering that taken as a whole it was a superb set of changes. They took back control of the game, all but ending a stage of Benfica pressure. That in turn set the table for the 3rd goal.

6 Likes

Quarter final to boot
 :grin:

1 Like

Went for Keita and Diaz as MotM. Possibly best we have seen both of them so far. Also stuck a vote in for Konaté. His mistake did lead us to concede but other than that one incident he was solid throughout the length of the pitch and that header for the first goal was thunderous.

1 Like

Was I watching a different game?

Kieta man of the match? This is Anfield player ratings gave him 9 too

“On this display has to start against City”

Why?

An assist for Diaz (which was actually deflected) and not a bad performance but for me didn’t stand out.

I thought he was excellent. Looked for the pass every time and brought the game forward.

7 Likes

Keita was exceptional. Defended well, kept the ball moving, attacked the box. His assist, although fortuitous was the icing on the cake.

On the other hand, I wasn’t enthused by Konate. Scored a good goal, but his positioning and overall reading of the game wasn’t the best. Nunez, who looks like a very decent player, gave him problems. And that’s without taking in consideration his really bad error for their goal.

2 Likes

Trent just taking a moment to appreciate his own cross.

1 Like

Trent MotM for me.

His passing really does take the piss

Not saying Kieta was bad, just for me Trent and Diaz were above him.

Have to say though we need to find 3rd, 4th and 5th gear on Sunday, we’ve been ropey last 2 games

1 Like

Felt a bit sorry for him with the refereeing. The ref let him use his physicality unpunished for about 30min, waving at Benfica players to get up, and then decided on a sixpence to punish him for absolutely everything.

Either let things go or give the foul. You can’t change your approach to the game half way through. Konate looked genuinely bemused.

That said, apart from the mistake I though he was excellent.

9 Likes

Easy to forget he’s 22, he’s going to be a superstar. He just looks another physical dominating defender who will bully attackers till they refuse to go near him ala Virgil.

4 Likes

I thought that he was drifting out of position. He was committing himself too early, especially against Nunez. He missed a few of his challenges and then left Van Dijk exposed, most notably for their second half penalty shout.

He did remind me of Lovren on occasion.

Yeh, if he stayed on his feet and cut out the diving, he’d look even better.

5 Likes

Given the chances we create (and miss) and the ones we concede I see a thrashing for us or a 7-5 game coming!!!