Post match: Bournemouth v Liverpool (EPL 11/3/23 12.30pm)

Extremely disappointing result.

We huffed and we puffed and we blew our chances of top 4 away…like we do in every away game, need to get this mental block we have of playing away out our minds…drop the high line rubbish when we play away because the players can’t be bothered to track back.

But it’s not all doom and gloom, the result means Bournemouth are now above Everton.

No 12:30 complaints please Klopp, and please reinstate Milner as our pen taker when he’s on the pitch.

Over & out.

Draw with palace and lose to bournemouth in the last 4 games,7 points from 12 isn’t good enough if we are hoping to finish in the top 4.

1 Like

Worst performance of the season. No doubt about about it. That was fucking grim.

3 Likes

Klopp taking Nunez off to play 4 number 10s was quite the move.

Another tactical highlight to add to the reel.

3 Likes

We completely lost it after their goal.

Salah has to be dropped, surely, what a waste of space!

fuck it…

This was kind of why I didn’t have expectations on top four even after last week, we are woeful away and even when given a penalty it doesn’t matter.

No expectations from now on and no more posts from me on how good we are, we simply are not, went into a shell after they scored.

2 Likes

Play soft ball to feet and watch the defender attack and pick up the ball!

Absolutely horrible performance and result, after the Man u result had hoped we had turned a corner and could push on for the rest of the season, now feel Absolutely deflated! Players didnt look arsed today, and build up play was slow and predictable, cant wait to see the end of this season.

3 Likes

Mentality monsters my ass.

Being motivated against United is easy, being against Bournemouth is a lot tougher but we have seen this shite all season.

The whole squad should be ashamed of themselves and I would make them walk back to Liverpool …

3 Likes

That £350k a week could be given to 1/1000th of the NHS.

1 Like

I want the last 2 hours back please.
What a waste of time that was.
What was there 45 throw ins?
VvD with a horrible performance. He’s the difference maker today in my opinion.

1 Like

No one is man of the match. Not 1 player did anything.

It just seems if we conceede first we think its game over.

Major major overhaul needed not just players but their mentality as well.

Theyve had all week to prepare and produce that. They can beat spurs, city and united but the likes of the bottom 6…nope.

We now have 3 weeks off.

I said in pre natch thread…if we dont win this then last week (albeit great) would be irrelevant.

3 Likes

We’ll always have last week friends. Ffs :man_facepalming:t4::man_facepalming:t4::man_facepalming:t4:

Wait nearly a year for a penalty and then miss it. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

we are just trying to get everton relegated

Think he touched the ball 3 times in the second half, with one of them to balloon a penalty wide. Just standing around, waiting for someone else to put it on a plate for him.

Been a consistent theme for way too long.

2 Likes

hope the lads more than make up for this embarrassing result against the ‘ manure of Spain’ on Wednesday

It was obvious from the opening whistle that Bournemouth intended to play and were full of confidence from their performance against Arsenal. Still, we could have been ahead comfortably inside of the first quarter hour with good chances by Robbo, Nunez and VVD either saved or missed. They pick up the goal due to Quattara’s speed and his blind cross finding Billing. The stretch from the goal to half-time wasn’t great with Bournemouth still playing football and using their speed and aggression to neutralize our buildup.

Our subs actually turned things a bit early on. Jota forces a good save from Neto, and Milner’s excellent cross leads to the penalty. When Salah misses that badly, it begins to look unlikely for us. Then Bournemouth begin to throw reinforcements onto the pitch, and frankly, their team’s performance over the final quarter hour was excellent.

Just not our day, but on the bright side, we’re still in touch with a Tottenham team in absolute crisis.

We’ve also made Utd look even shitter than they did a few days ago.

2 Likes