Post Match: Bournemouth v Liverpool (EPL 21/1/24 4.30pm)

• Alisson BECKER
  • Conor BRADLEY
  • Ibrahima KONATE
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • Joe GOMEZ
  • Alexis MAC ALLISTER
  • Curtis JONES
  • Harvey ELLIOTT
  • Luis DIAZ
  • Diogo JOTA
  • Darwin NUŃEZ
  • Cody GAKPO
  • Ryan GRAVENBERCH
  • Owen BECK
  • Bobby CLARK
  • Kaide GORDON
0 voters

Unused subs: Adrian, Kelleher, McConnell, Quansah

:arrows_counterclockwise: 64’ Ryan GRAVENBERCH :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Harvey ELLIOTT

:arrows_counterclockwise: 90+4’ Diogo JOTA :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Kaide GORDON

:arrows_counterclockwise: 64’ Cody GAKPO :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Luis DIAZ

:arrows_counterclockwise: 83’ Owen BECK :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Conor BRADLEY

:arrows_counterclockwise: 83’ Bobby CLARK :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Curtis JONES

:soccer: 49’ Darwin NUNEZ (:rightwards_hand: Diogo JOTA)

:soccer: 70’ Diogo JOTA (:rightwards_hand: Cody GAKPO)

:soccer: 80’ Diogo JOTA (:rightwards_hand: Conor BRADLEY)

:soccer: 90+3’ Darwin NUŃEZ (:rightwards_hand: Joe GOMEZ)

The first half performance was mediocre, but it ended up as an excellent result against an in-form side, at their place, in tricky conditions. Crisp finishing from both Jota and Nunez, while Ibou was immense in defence.

A good chance to give vital experience to some youngsters near the end, too.

One negative: all the “Slotter” or “Slotta” crap when Diogo scores. That shit should result in an instant ban.

10 Likes

There you go. Have a bit of that.

1 Like

Why?

2 Likes

8 Likes

It is an absolute travesty that the refs are above criticism!! I’m hard pressed to find a worse officiating game. Onwards we match

10 Likes

Imagine how far ahead we’d be in a league without corruption

10 Likes

I’d imagine it has something to him being a cynical old git

Drums Eye Roll GIF

Good 1st half, tired them well, very good second half.
Clean sheet!

6 Likes

Well that was a thoroughly lovely second half. Thought we would have to grind out a 1-0, wasn’t expecting the swagger to suddenly show up.

Mac Allister looks like he’s spent the last week or so intensively studying his job as the DM. He was superb - developing into the player I’ve been telling everyone he would be since the summer!

4-0 away win against an in form Bournemouth while lacking Trent, Szoboszlai and Salah. Lovely jubbly.

19 Likes

Big result, great performance. 3 points, thank you very much.

We got through the rough patches, let Klopp do his half time thing, and once again we had a splendid second half.

Jota being fit at the right time, Klopps subs all did their bits, Nunez with a lovely brace too.

Ibou was solid today, and played some lovely passes too.

Whats not to love.

7 Likes

MacAllister MOTM for me, up there with his best performances of the season.

Bradley again looked more than competent at RB. Early days but looks like he should expect to be heavily involved until the end of the season.

Jota and Nunez, both pants in the first half but ruthless in the second. Some high quality goals scored there today.

Hopefully the Jones injury isn’t too serious, we are getting down to the bare bones a bit now. Could do with a few coming back sooner rather than later.

12 Likes

Stepped it up 2nd half and controlled the whole half, the finishing was clinical. Great result. Hopefully Diaz, Mac and Ibou are alright.

Time to book ourselves a final at Wembley.

2 Likes

Started so unbelievably ugly in the beginning and then ended up like Adonis.

1 Like

Went from Diogo to Dom, you mean?

1 Like

Definitely the best 90 minutes of the season for us. Everyone did their job and gave it 100%. I’ve not been impressed with Mac Allister up till today but I thought he was superb today and long may it continue. Gave Jota MOM for two great finishes. Closely followed by Darwin. Great to see his hard work paying off.

4 Likes

Kaide Gordon man of the match. Crazy that the big German bastard nearly didn’t bring him on.

2 Likes