Post Match: Bournemouth v Liverpool (EPL 21/1/24 4.30pm)

An important win. Weather conditions made it difficult, along with the almost waterlogged pitch that Bournemouth kept watering.

First half was all about showing strength and resilience. Bournemouth were up for it, so needed effort. Mac Allister was sublime.

Second half was some clinical finishing. A cuple of cup games now, before two crucial games against Chelsea and Arses.

2 Likes

Ah, I think we have a nickname, ADomis.

2 Likes

I thought our two reserve full backs were immense. Jones and Mac bossed the midfield and Jota makes such a difference. Even when heā€™s not quite at it heā€™s still our most dangerous player. Clever and snidey , thatā€™s just what we need up front.

2 Likes

Extremely good second half by us as seems to be what we are accustomed to, first was half and half.

Jota was brilliant as was Macallister and itā€™s good to see Nunez in with the goals and important assists again.

Also Alisson makes one on ones 50/50 at best, hope Jones is nothing as that was a perfect as it could be.

I like Clark in his cameos and Bradley really has taken a step up.

2 Likes

Great 2nd half. Alexis, Bradley, Jota all my MOTM.

Of course massive praise to Virg/Darwin/Konate!

Hope Curtis will be okay.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1749133511607374130

Swear Iā€™ve seen a hundred of those unpunished since Curtā€™s red vs Spurs.

10 Likes

[comment deleted by our Cilla like]

1 Like

Just listening to Klopp talking. The guyā€™s the fucking bollocks. I hope he never leaves.

14 Likes

If itā€™s possible to grind out a 4-0 victory, thatā€™s what we saw today.

1 Like

Incredible to me that Kluivert didnā€™t even get a yellow for that challenge yet we had players getting booked for shoulder bargesā€¦

Anyway, fantastic second half that I didnā€™t quite expect. Really ruthless. Nunez now on 10 goals, 10 assists for the season , which is a great return. Mac and Jots also wonderful.

Best post break performance in a while.

6 Likes

This ended up being one of those games when we needed more than 3 MotM votes.

Mac was superb in the first half. Hoovering up the loose balls. Jota and Nunez ended up making this look far easier than it was.

Bradley impressed and Konate looked solid throughout.

The only downside was Jones going off. Iā€™m hoping that isnā€™t bad as we are far stronger with him starting.

5 Likes

Whats Happening Hello GIF by Liverpool FC

6 Likes

It went through a 10 minute spell after the challenge where the ref didnā€™t know what to do on challenges.

The strange case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hydeā€¦

Starring Liverpool FC

2 Likes

Quietly optimistic and hopeful.
YNWA!

3 Likes

Completely agree about Macca. What a superb game of MF control

3 Likes

Think I just heard Klopp say we ā€œgot throughā€ without injuries so think Jones is ok

11 Likes

They must be taking the piss. If that wasnā€™t dangerous, nothing is. The club has to do something about that cunt, Tierny and the rest of that sorry bunch.

Weā€™ve won 4-0 win away from home and we have every right to feel aggrieved by the officiating. Stone cold red card and penalty denied. Pretty sure that we got more yellows too, even though Bournemouth spent the entire game kicking and pulling.

10 Likes

He didnā€™t have a great game throughout, but Darwinā€™s finishing today was superb. Both of them were slotted home, as opposed to his usual blasting it as hard as possible.

Second goal in particular was a fantastic finish, keeper had no chance.

2 Likes

Couple of penalty claims ignored. A few rugby-tackles overlooked. Good process.

Bradley, Gomez, and Konate the unsung heroes.

8 Likes