Post Match: Bournemouth v Liverpool (EPL 21/1/24 4.30pm)

It’s crazy, I am genuinely scared, because of the bias that I see, the lack of consistency… do you remember the reds against us? This is not dangerous enough?!

If it would be the first one I’d be ok with it, but remember the decisions against LFC and the ‘acknoledgements’.

How is this still going on. The club really has to do something about it.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Jota for the Slaughter! Better?

1 Like

“Jota it down… a Liverpool win”

4 Likes

Bring your Jota to the slaughta…

Hat, coat, I’ll see myself out

2 Likes

Back in the 00s when the traditional CF started becoming less fashionable I became kind of obsessed with the idea of “fluid front 3s”. Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez being at the time the prime example of an attack that maximized talent without having to solve the problem of who plays where. The flexibility and willingness to interchange can by itself make it difficult to defenders to figure out their assignment. But more, it allows them to collectively figure out how they can organize themselves to best hurt what the opponent was doing that day.

I dont think I’ve ever seen a group do it as well as this one though. All conversations about who should play on the left, through the middle etc to me seems to miss the point a bit and two of last 3 games really showed that with games where the second half turn around was largely caused by reorganizing the orientation of the forwards in a way that used what they can do differently and changing the dynamic of the game.

8 Likes

Its astounding that today we were missing 3 players of the quality and suitability to our style as Trent, Robbo and Kostas, and yet got performances that good out of Gomez on the wrong flank and a kid

8 Likes

I expected a very difficult match against the team in best form /from the last 8 PL matches/ and first half was a very difficult contest.

But Klopp once again proved that he is the best manager in the world and at half time he totally changed our shape and attitude.

Jota is our best finisher and his football IQ is immense, poor start from the Portugese, but he needs one chance to score, never mind the fantastic assist for the hugely important first goal /by the way he can claim two assists, because Diod assisted himself for our 3rd goal :)/.

Nunez had a very poor first half, but was much better during the 2nd half. Finally he looked like a great finisher /last time I saw him finish like that was vs. Newcastle away/.

VvD and Konate were rock solid, especially Ibou as he was targeted by Bournemouth’s players and Iraola’s plan was to mark Virgil and let Konate play to ball from defence.

Bradley was fantastic, scared to say it /it is too early/, but Coner can be the reason Klopp playes TAA in midfield. The young boy will claim a deserved assist too. Gomez also with an assist, but Bradley was the better full back today in my opinion.

MacAllister was our best midfielder, but Jones was also very good. Curtis is starting to look like a leader on the pitch and that is a very good sign. Elliott with another average display, he is a pressing machine, but overall not very good today.

Gravenberch is a fine player, but he need to show more guts and heart. Every time he gets involved in 50/50 challenges, he loses the ball. That is not good enough for English football, you need to give more on the pitch.

Diaz with another mediocre performance. He is not even close to the man who used to play on the left for LFC before Lucho’s transfer from Porto /Mane/. Gakpo will take his place sooner rather than later, if Diaz does not improve drastically.

Clark looks like a very interesting prospect too and I expect to see him against Norwich from the start. Same is valid for Beck - looks good going forward, but defensively very shaky.

And several negatives form today’s game - Jones left limping, while Konate was in a big pain and maybe he twisted his ankle, never mind that brutal tackle againt Diaz. We are losing player and no one is coming back from injury. Hopefully at least Szoboszlai will be fit to play vs. Fulham.

And the referees - the fuckin prick called Madley and the VAR idiots. A red card for Kluivert /it was not even a foul, according to Andy Fuckin Madley/, penalty vs. Jota, penalty vs. Clark.

And at the same time I still remember Maca’s red card against Bournemouth and Jones’s red card vs. Spurs… That is what I call a different standard or bias.

9 Likes

Total piece of piss.

2 Likes

I agree I was livid that kluivert did not see red it was far worse tackle than the one Jones got a red for but we are not surprised in a way every match we seem to get a Manchester ref either in VAR or reffing the game but it will be far worse on Wednesday I fear as we got the ref that lost us the Spuds game

1 Like

Its not the fact it wasn’t a red which is baffling its the fact it wasn’t even given as a foul never mind a yellow.

9 Likes

Its baffling. I wonder if he gives a yellow then can it be upgraded? I think he makes the cowards decision.

1 Like
4 Likes

And Nunez with “Can I play with madness?”, sums up the Iron Maiden themed game we saw today.

I’ll need to borrow a coat…

1 Like

No.

1 Like

The first half our players believed the pre match hype and gave them too much respect they got a few instructions at halftime and we were a totally different team in the second half

5 Likes

Keep in mind we lost the ball on that play. So it’s not even as if the ref saw it, played an advantage and decided it just wasnt worth returning to later.

4 Likes

Ok boomer

A thumping win and all quiet on the Darwin front. Bliss.

2 Likes