Post Match: Bournemouth v Liverpool (EPL 21/1/24 4.30pm)

I’ve no problem with Madley. He’s got no history with us so I’m prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt on the Diaz tackle and the clear foul on Jota, maybe he just missed them.
The cunt on VAR is a different matter entirely. It’s reached a point where the club would be justified in saying we will refuse to play if you appoint this fucking cheating prick to any of our matches in any capacity.
We’re not privvy to what goes on behind the scenes but if the club hasn’t raised these issues with those in charge then we might as well not fucking bother.
As to the match itself Jota, McAllister and Konate were brilliant throughout with Nunez not far behind. Bradley impressed again.
Hopefully we can scrape through against Fulham and Norwich and have a few more available for Chelsea. Up the fucking Reds!!!

8 Likes

Just watching the game, thanks Sky grrr, what is the difference between Kluiverts challenge on Diaz and the oneCurtis got sent off for ahainst Tottenham? For me Kluivetts was the worst of the 2

3 Likes

2 cheats on VAR. Simple as that.

2 Likes

Yup VAR needs to intervene, I’m slightly surprised they didn’t spend 15 mins drawing lines on two of our goals.

2 Likes

Same foul occurred in the Leeds game prior…it was a yellow…ref pitch side reviewed…and it was a red…so why not ours…just look who was on VAR…it speaks for itself…its beginning to look plain and obvious…

6 Likes

Yep normally there’s 1 stand out MOTM for me but today I struggled to keep it to 3, Jones was definitely up there but missed out.

8 Likes

Now just seen what should have been a penalty on Jota

4 Likes

I have to admit I was a bit nervous before kick off. Bournemouth in great form, and on our end, Salah gone, Endo gone, Trent out, Robbo out, Kostas out, Szobo out. When I saw the weather conditions I feared the worst, after a little break.

It was all about digging deep and coming home with the points. In the first half we matched the huge effort that Bournemouth put into the game. In the second half we took control and piled on four goals with our amazing attacking threat, even without Salah.

Three votes was not enough for me for MOTM. I could make a case for at least six of them, and the whole team did their job. In the end I went with Jota, Nunez and Mac Allister.

Jota is the perfect combo of clever, snide, and tidy finisher. Well done that man.

Nunez is an incredible athlete who works so hard for the team. Lovely to see him back among the goals.

Mac Allister had some legitimate sideways glances at him in the deeper midfield role, earlier in the season, as on occasion, in addition to the good stuff, he was getting a bit overrun. But not today. He was excellent on both sides of the ball. He got his toe in and broke up play so well when we were out of possession, and when in possession, he is so good on the ball that it’s a real bonus to have that quality from that area of the pitch, and he opened the play up a few times with his incisive passing. All this is to say he is almost redefining the number six role and taking it to new heights. So long as we stay compact I only see it going from strength to strength with him in there.

I hate talking bout the refs but come on man! Diaz was lucky not to get his leg broken. It’s a disgrace that it wasn’t even deemed a foul, or a yellow, when to most observers it was a well deserved red. VAR reviewed it and said there was nothing to see here? What a joke.

Anyway, so proud of them all. Conor Bradley has real quality too, which is great to see. He tired around the 70 min mark, which is understandable for a young player, but he got stuck in, showed for the ball, and had a very good game, along with so many others.

Up the reds!

9 Likes

Ffs now another blatant penalty not given on Clark, beyond a joke

1 Like

MOTD couldn’t even be bothered to cover the red card that should have been, and waving away the Jota penalty claim by saying that they’ll defer to the referees on that one.

1 Like

Just 17 more league games to win this season :ok_hand:

6 Likes

I didn’t see the match. What a fantastic win though. Wasn’t expecting a 4-0 fest. Tbh, I was abit worried about this match, especially coming back from a long break. Our boys are always sluggish.

I hope we don’t get unfairly done by the referees and VAR officials for the future games. We have been denied at least 6 months because of the match officials incompetence.

I am abit worried about Man City, now DeBruneyes back playing.

3 Likes

It is Shearer’s fault Jota didn’t get a penalty even he had got kicked in the bollocks repeatedly VAR still would not have reviewed it

That was a second half to remember,Macca back,and how!Jota and Nunez a brace a piece, defence worked well,Bradley making the case for more time, all in all a good day at the office!
MOTM Macca,just,from Jota and Nunez!

2 Likes

Those two finishes by Darwin were astonishingly smooth for someone who at times has not been able to hit the broadside of a barndoor with a banjo. That second was remarkably subtle, no signal to the keeper at all of what he was trying to do, froze him with a look, and just touched it into the corner.

Gomez had a good and really interesting game at the same time. He was often much more central than Robertson or Tsimikas, particularly when we were in possession.

8 Likes

Great win.

Shit officiating , that was a redcard offense , clear as fuck penalty denied.

We did a number on them though. Fuck off Bournemouth and their snide AF tackles, Playacting

5 Likes

And then one of their assistants acting like he is all big and bad when Klopp is rightly pissed at their shithouse tactics

3 Likes

Jota and Clark should both have had penalties.

Very similar, both tripped in the area. Clear as day.

6 Likes

Anyway , the unconvincing wins earlier do tend to build confidence, as is being increasingly seen with this Liverpool side.

When we get on a roll , it’s very difficult to stop us.

2 Likes

VAR is a joke

1 Like