Post match: Brentford v Liverpool (EPL 17/2/24 12.30pm)

Player of the match
  • Caoimhin KELLEHER
  • Conor BRADLEY
  • Ibrahima KONATE
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • Andrew ROBERTSON
  • Wataru ENDO
  • Alexis MAC ALLISTER
  • Curtis JONES
  • Diogo JOTA
  • Darwin NUNEZ
  • Luis DIAZ
  • Ryan GRAVENBERCH
  • Mohamed SALAH
  • Cody GAKPO
  • Joe GOMEZ
  • Harvey ELLIOTT
0 voters

Unused subs: Adrian, Tsimikas, McConnell, Quansah

:arrows_counterclockwise: 33’ Ryan GRAVENBERCH :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Curtis JONES

:arrows_counterclockwise: 44’ Mohamed SALAH :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Diogo JOTA

:arrows_counterclockwise: 45’ Cody GAKPO :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Darwin NUŃEZ

:arrows_counterclockwise: 83’ Harvey ELLIOTT :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Alexis MAC ALLISTER

:arrows_counterclockwise: 83’ Joe GOMEZ :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Conor BRADLEY

:soccer: 34’ Darwin NUŃEZ (:rightwards_hand: Diogo JOTA)

:soccer: 55’ Alexis MAC ALLISTER (:rightwards_hand: Mohamed SALAH)

:soccer: 68’ Mohamed SALAH (:rightwards_hand: Cody GAKPO)

:soccer: 86’ Cody GAKPO (:rightwards_hand: Luis DIAZ)

https://i.imgur.com/etAGzdd.jpg

Performance and result were fantastic.

As for all the other things… I think we just see where we go. Not worth guessing what happens we might get lucky on two. One injury I think is long term for sure.

Maca was my man of the match.

11 Likes

An excellent three points.

Let’s hope that the injuries aren’t serious (although Jota’s looked pretty bad); still, good to see Mo back and scoring.

Sterling work from both Mac and Endo in midfield and some quality touches from the forwards. Bradley was excellent again, too. All the subs contributed, which was good.

Now, let’s hope that the Chavs don’t roll over this evening.

9 Likes

Really happy that our subs came on and delivered. Pretty much like they have all season. My votes are Mac, Diaz and Bradley.

7 Likes

A great result just a bit dodgy on the injuries. :nerd_face:

6 Likes

Sarcastic Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

3 Likes

We’re heading for a very very special season indeed.

The way we keep going despite all the rotten setbacks and all the other shitty news we’ve had to face this season is a testament to this team.

Everyone deserves a shout out, they were all brilliant. You could give 8 or 9 of them MOTM, special shout out to Bradley for obvious reasons.

6 Likes

I Thought van Dijk had an excellent match MotM for me.

The amount of injuries is worrying, then again I always worry :innocent:. Jota, Jones and Núñez on top of all we already have. If we have to start with Gravenbergh and Gakpo against Cheaty … :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

… they will both score hat tricks, just to prove a point to doubting Dutchmen.

16 Likes

That was a nice watch. Brentford are no slouches these days, and it’s fantastic to go there and win 4-1, in a convincing way too.

Hopefully the injuries aren’t too serious, and we march on. :+1:

8 Likes

4 goals, 3? injuries.

In all honesty, I’d rather we lost if that meant no more fucking injuries.

Result and performance-wise, the match was as good as we could have hoped for.

Too bad we cannot catch a break with injuries, just as it seemed we would have a nearly fully fit squad, we are back at half of the squad ruled out. Like there was some witch around. Let’s hope for the best.

I thought they both did really well today. Grav in particular was excellent in his time on the pitch.

10 Likes

Huh? What’s the point of not having injuries if we lose games?

We need to win every remaining game to win the league

10 Likes

With Cody getting his 10th goal, this is now the earliest we have had 4 players (Mo, Darwin, Jota) with 10 goals each since 1980-81

We have gone from a side that didnt have many goals in it other than Mane and Mo to one that has them absolutely everywhere.

12 Likes

Gakpo took his goal well. Nunez would miss that (too much time to think see :wink:)

1 Like

Excellent away win. Will need to see how the injury situation is, but the good thing is no drop in the players who have come in due to injuries. Salah coming back gives a lift as well.

Next is Luton at home, who have one day less to prepare. For us, it’s a case of see who is fit and get a result.

The gripe previsouly was the defensive effort - but today he was getting back in postion and putting effort in. He needs to keep doing that.

2 Likes

Nice…