Post match: Brentford v Liverpool (EPL 2/1/23 5.30pm)

When Trent first came into the team (that season where he and Gomez rotated a lot), in the games where he was not at the races, he would linger and freeze before taking the throw.

It’s a Freudian reaction to the way we are playing the game.

That’s because the VAR can’t overrule the referee if he says he saw it and decided it was nothing, unless I’m much mistaken @Limiescouse

Top 4 might still technically be a possibility but we don’t deserve it and, bar some sort of miracle, we haven’t got a fucking prayer.

1 Like

Who will be next to come out and state that it wasn’t good enough and that we need to improve? It was van Dijk and TAA after Leicester whose turn is it now? They have been saying it since the start of the season, by now they must know their lines by heart.

Talk is all this team has reduced itself to. When it’s time to deliver, they are nowhere to be found. It’s not a question of ability, it’s a question of desire and its lack of. When you start game after game like this and you concede such goals, you don’t really care. Not as much as you used to anyway. They had a chance to close the gap to top 4 and this is how hard they tried. This is how concentrated they were on and off the ball. The first half said it all.

I hope they enjoy Europa League. Whoever is left of them in the summer, that is.

2 Likes

He can if VAR believes it was a clear and obvious error which they didn’t.

1 Like

Klopp blaming the referees on corner situations when his players refused to move to the ball.

How did we nearly manage the quad last season then ? :woozy_face::woozy_face:

What if we go on an unbeaten run for the 21 - yes, count ‘em- remaining league games?

Will we deserve it then? :thinking:

2 Likes

Supporters can question it but we cant do sod all about it.

Klopp rinsing EVERY single drop!!

There was one that went across in the second half and they all watched it. Thankfully the Brentford player buggered it up.

1 Like

Do you think what Klopp says in interviews always reflects what he thinks? I understand the game of press conferences differently…

Thats what gets me about all these silly over reactions. 20/21 season we looked dead and buried with 10 games to go.

3 Likes

Again, only on factual, objective errors. Not for the situation I described.

Which is why the attacker did it. But that doesn’t make it a foul. The line between shoulder to shoulder vs a push is sometimes a fine one (although I dont think so in this case) and that will result in legitimate differences of opinion, and that dont have to be mean that one party doesnt know what they’re talking about. That is football, the laws are by nature largely objective often with no absolute right or wrong. In this case the ref made a decision you dont like and that sucks. Ive been there many times. But that doesnt make him wrong. It doesnt even make it controversial when so many other other people seem to think he called it right.

2 Likes

I guess you could say everyone over the Chrissy-New Year period bar United and Arsenal could give two fucks (@cynicaloldgit )

1 Like

Shame we didn’t arrange Gakpo for this week rather than last :confused:

1 Like

Fucking hell. Top four isn’t ‘technically a possibility’. We’re six points back with 21 to play.

8 Likes

Yes, and we’re allowed to say it was never a foul, and hence way down the list of things that went wrong. Robbo shoved their defender far more forcefully in the back and we got a corner from it

3 Likes

Kneejerkers.

1 Like