Post match: Brentford v Liverpool (EPL 2/1/23 5.30pm)

That’s probably the biggest scam in the game atm. VAR looked at it…

Its the cover that poor refs now have for their failures.

If that ball had fallen off Mee’s hand to a Brentford player, it is called off…

1 Like

Idk who you’re referring to here. Most the criticism in this thread is measured and certainly not kneejerk. These are points people have been making for several months.

1 Like

Was this the third goal? Because I assume it is.

Having watched the previous 83 minutes I doubt we were getting a second anyhow.

1 Like

If only our defenders scrambled anywhere near as hard to defend those crosses as Klopp is responding to these questions.

2 Likes

What foul on Konate? He wasn’t fouled, he tried to buy a free. He actually did the hard work by getting in front of the striker. But instead of dealing with the ball, eg play it back to Alisson or clear it, he went down like a sack of spuds. That was never a foul.

10 Likes

It could be that we now immediately win the next four and lose the fifth. And at that point we’re fifth in the table. Rinse and repeat until May and we’ll be third.

2 Likes

Multiple reports out there on the internet to confirm it’s not conjecture.

Go find your own. Thanks.

I’m referring to those people who sway from one extreme to the other, for whom each match changes their perspectives completely, instead of just updating their priors.

We’re not playing great at the moment, and certainly not consistently. But neither are most of the teams around us, some of whom need extensive bailing out by the referees in order to get the points that they have.

1 Like

I know it’s a shit thing to ask because admins feel the sting of a loss like the rest of us, but can all this horseshit about refereeing be syphoned off into one of the various refereeing conspiracy threads and leave this thread for the whiners?

1 Like

We don’t help ourselves.

We’re simply not good enough for top 4 right now, a number of things would need to change.

We’re not in September/October anymore, we’re almost halfway through the season and we’ve shown nothing to prove we belong there other than thumping a championship team.

The clear foul on Konate. He had his heel stood on.

I saw one poster saying it was shoulder to should. That’s fucking hilarious. The Brentford player was behind Konate.

2 Likes

Plenty of those on Twitter - not seeing much evidence of that on here!

The truth is we’ve been a poor side for most of this season, even when winning. Tottenham, United and Chelsea aren’t particularly good sides either for different reasons. But we’re well off the pace compared to City/Arsenal/Newcastle.

That perspective implies that the next 7+ minutes would have panned out the same way otherwise, when we were controlling the game fairly well until then.

Even their multiple attempts that hit the back of the net, which somehow make people think that we were therefore poor even though they were literally against the laws of the game, came on the back of much less possession, and we had the lions share of shots in the second half until then.

1 Like

Yeah, it wasn’t a foul. My only issue with this is had it been Mo on one of their defenders it probably would have been.

2 Likes

Michael Gordon - CEO
Michael Edwards - Director of Football
Julian Ward - Director of Football
Dr Ian Graham - Director of Research

Try and be a troll all you want, but those as fucking huge changes off the field.

4 Likes

We’d think it incredibly soft if that was the other way.

3 Likes

That’s bullshit. You can quite clearly see him try to hold off the player to make the pass safely when he was barged into.

Some of the stupidity here is mind boggling.

Did you bother to look at the legs and where he caught Ibou?

At least as far as my post was concerned, the point was whether it makes a difference that he was offered midfielders…which depends on who they were…which is why I was asking what midfielders you are saying he was offered.

If we would have waited until this week, Gakpo wouldn’t sign, seeing how crap we’ve been playing.