Post match: Brentford v Liverpool (EPL 2/1/23 5.30pm)

We’ve lost our way since Mané left.

4 Likes

Just to be sure, you don’t believe it was a foul either?

Jamie Carragher: “I don’t know if it’s something to do with Pep Lijnders who has a big influence.”

Wonder what that means…

1 Like

By the way, am I allowed to say that I fucking loved the players surrounding the ref after the third.

7 Likes

if he “doesn’t know”, then carra should stfu

3 Likes

I think VVD needs to adapt his game. He seems to have lost a bit of pace. He should look at how Chelsea’s Thiago has changed his game so he rarely gets into a foot race. He drops before the pass is made and is ready to deal with the danger from a better position.

yep… me too

Depends on what click bait links you believe, I’ve also read Klopp wanted him but didn’t get his way, so we can’t use them as fact.

1 Like

I meant that accepting an option like the example of midfielder you mentioned (M. Nunez), would have affected his midfield transfer plans (which didn’t happen yet because he has to wait for availability).

Does anyone know what it was based on? Just his performance? I saw that occasion after we conceded and we got a throw in and Virg threw the ball down the touchline away from Kostas wanting to throw in, which drew an ‘ohhhhhhh’ mouth from me. I have no idea if it was intentional. Certainly be didn’t turn around to apologise but perhaps his attitude was a bit off tonight too

1 Like

Absolutely and would like us to do it more. We’re far too nice.

Precisely!

If the roles were reversed everyone would be talking about how clumsy Ibou was in giving away a PK…

We wait in anticipation for the game on Saturday night…my stomach is in knots, and my nerves are shot…but we will be behind them Saturday…cmon boys…show some fight…

In many seasons, you can be quite mediocre and sneak into 4th. Man Utd are prime example. Just needs a good run of games. Other teams in and around us are also dropping points. Will be a fight for fourth, and that’s what we need to do.

We could end up losing 8 to 10 games this season yet manage 4th.

2 Likes

Where did you read that?

And yet other teams get away with it…

Didn’t see this before… Pretty alarming from Ali… He was right sadly…

2 Likes

On Twitter, same as all the other rubbish.

1 Like

Then what’s the point?

Jurgen said in interview Virgil said he felt something in his leg but was still good to play… but they took him off as precaution
Diplomatic as ever… who knows eh