Post match: Brentford v Liverpool (EPL 25/9/21 5.30pm)

Yeah, makes sense. Not sure what Klopp had in mind though.

1 Like

I agree Sweeting but ironically at HT I was calling for a Jones for Bobby swap (on proviso that nothing changed). Perhaps easier to say in retrospect but I think Jurgen should have kept Jota through the middle and perhaps brought AOC on out wide for Mane and Tsimikas or Millie on for one of the FBs.

Yeah, Robbo had a nightmare despite an assist. If this game was played in FM, he would have just gotten a 6.0…

Whole back line and Fabs never there when it mattered, really dissappointing.

Havent gone for a motm as no one stood out was thinking Mo, but his casual miss at 3 - 2 was massive.
Poor defensively and offensively some bad play also but still had the chances to win it.
Also Klopp, should have brought Milly on at 3 - 2 and consolidated the game.

Awful defensive display.

Made them look good sorry to say.

2 Likes

It did work initially but the switch to having Salah in the middle means Salah cannot help TAA to defend. Jota is not good at that stuff compared to Salah!

1 Like

Kind of feels weird when you are top of the league but you feel like you’ve blown it.

I like it when we win but I have to say I enjoyed that. I didn’t really know that much about this Brentford side but they are a pretty decent team. It looks like their game plan was to hit us on the break and cause chaos and it pretty much worked.

We really need to be better organised against teams like this and I feel like the buggering about with the back 4 is taking it’s toll. Having said that, this was, in theory, our preferred back 4.

MotM? Jones really impressed me and Jota carved a few quality chances as well as a goal. Salah just did his thing - it’s got to the point that you just expect he will perform and you look at what’s happening around him.

1 Like

We take the lead and he brings Firmino on, which was obviously decided before the goal. So, why not change the plan, we didn’t need Bobby at that point in the game. Bring on Milner instead to bolster the midfield. As it turned out Bobby contributed nothing anyway.

6 Likes

i think the worryin thing with TAA is if he is not offering anything offensively and is most times poor defensively, what does klopp do? do you sacrifice potential offense for solid defense??

No idea why anyone thinks they were good, a more polished Stoke… organised at the back and went long.

4 Likes

Yeah, it is what it is, when we have to play with 4 forwards because we have no fit MFs and the Porto game in 3 days. Overall it felt like the balance was not there and we were too offense-heavy when Fab just couldn’t cope.

We are so naïve too, as far as game management.

Just like the 1st 2 years Jurgen was here. Instead of us delaying the game we kept running it a crazy pace, causing us to give away FKs and to overwork Trent and Robbo who did not support the MF like they usually do…

1 Like

1st you sort out what VVD, Matip and Fabinho are doing, then you look at the rest!

1 Like

i dont think they were good at all… we were jus really really poor

4 Likes

The basics are we just didn’t defend well at all, I saw us play better with our put together defence last season.

There second goal was comical and the first wasn’t much better.

2 Likes

Our corners today were below par. Seems like the analysis guys must’ve influenced Klopp to get TAA and Andy to drift corners high over to the far side.

Whatever it was, it wasn’t working. Would’ve preferred a bit more fizz and lower trajectory on at least a couple of them.

2 Likes

Mo is special.
Nice goals all around.
Matip was bad.
Neither Hendo nor Jones consistently sat in to help Fab, as Thiago and Keita have done recently, and Gini used to do.
Bobby on for Curtis seemed like a bad move. Maybe bring Milner on instead.
Top of the league is still a pretty nice place.

2 Likes

Having bobby there was alright…The worrying part is that Klopp didn’t seemed to care that TAA has been targeted all day long and shifts Salah away to the centre with Jota playing on the right. The thing about Salah is that his body strength allows TAA to regroup while Jota ain’t got that…

I think that is the tactical blunder that Klopp made…

5 Likes

Fabs needs help in the middle. he is not getting much support…dude will burn out by december… and matip and vvd had one of those days…TAA been having those defensive days for a while now

Yup if I could accept other teams will struggle I’d be fine with it but it’s basic defending and our lot looked like they’d been drinking.

Attack for me was fine, we should have scored more but if I’m honest we shouldn’t have needed to.

4 Likes