Post match: Brentford v Liverpool (EPL 25/9/21 5.30pm)

Yup. When you make errors like that,. then the scrappiness tends to favour the attacking side. There were many of those phases were our lads got a touch but it would ricochet into the path of the attacker.

1 Like

Be interesting to see how many headers Matip and Van Dijk won, cant of been much.

1 Like

Give the Greek Scouser a run of games now and let Robbo fully recharge

2 Likes

during the game i stated that we would need a 2 goal cushion to win. they were going right thru our midfield like it wasn’t there. and its not like they were doing anything special

1 Like

Yeah we don’t look like title favourites on balance of this season so far - both Chelsea and City look better equipped right now. Very early days obviously but I’m very nervous about next weekend.

Yes, Mo is special and scored a good goal. But also missed a sitter to finish the game off, it was on his left foot as well.

1 Like

It was poor…Very fucking poor…It’s like we forgot how to play against 2 strikers!

The obvious plan was for Henderson and Curtis to both get in those forward positions. The thing is, with us making a habit of missing high xG chances, we’d be open to counter punches.

1 Like

Yup felt the same when watching it.

Ah well we move on and try and correct the issues.

1 Like

yeah i aint gonna lie, the middle worries me and not signing a gini replacement might bite us… Thiago and keita cant stay fit

1 Like

Think he will have nightmares about that

1 Like

I know I will.

Hendo and Jones delivered the goods with 1 goal and 1 assist. But what on earth was klopp thinking by not reinforcing the midfield so that Milner can help TAA???

4 Likes

Teams know we are wasteful in front of goal so are ready and waiting with a counter

the interesting thing is Klopp mentioned this last week (fabs being left on an island) but still no major adjustments. i think we missed thiago/keita today… but milly would have shored this up… this game feels like a loss

3 Likes

:rofl: I thought he was just having a subdued celebration.

2 Likes

Jones seemed not to understand anything about his position in a MF three

Then Bobby comes in and its free form…

Like we got sucked into the circus of Brentford

1 Like

The good was that we came from a goal down to get the lead.

The disappointment was that we kept playing the same way regardless of match situation, and then even doubling down at 3-2 up.

It feels like a loss because we let them back into the game…
If we had scored the equaliser to make it 3-3 our mood would be somehow lifted

1 Like

You’d think after 2 goals in midweek minamino would’ve been a better sub than firmino.

3 Likes