Post match: Brighton v Liverpool (EPL 12/3/22 12.30pm)

This is glorious.

1 Like

Another win. Thatā€™s all that matters at this stage of the season. Could have scored more, but Iā€™ll take a 2-0 away win all day.

Ref + VAR did their usual, bonkers decision with not even a yellow.

Against 10 men for 70 minutes wouldā€™ve helped us in the goal difference stats for sure.

2 Likes

:joy: :man_facepalming:t2:ā€¦shouldnā€™t really be drunk at 230pm

1 Like

Yeah and I didnā€™t like Klopp warmly shaking with him afterwards. Unless he said something while smilingā€¦

2 Likes

Ahem. And Iā€™m at work :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:eyes:

We should go get another attacker named Luis.

1 Like

You know who hated that win? Pep Guardiola. Bet you it really boils his piss every time we pick up 3 points.

7 Likes

Also I did like how VVD left something in on Maupauy after his antics, he should have been sent off for moaning.

7 Likes

The overriding impression I got from the game is that every ref in the PL is a useless cunt, who is stealing for a living. And that we have an excellent team.

Hope that Salah is ok.

6 Likes

Doubt he realises, probably nose deep into a q-ball.

2 Likes

I think Salah was coming off anyhow heā€™s played a hell of a lot of minutes and will start Wednesday. Also he was pointing to the side of the leg like a scrape or something.

3 Likes

Solid performance that. Brighton had the first 5 minutes, but then we got hold of the game and never let it go. Should have scored more goals, got a bit wasteful in the second half, but thatā€™s fine.

That no-red decision thoughā€¦best not to think about it. Fuming.

5 Likes

Only one I feel for in Brighton is Lallana.

4 Likes

Really professional display from our lads, especially in a defensive sense, and in terms of controlling the game.

Nothing was really easy in the final third, with also good defending from Brighton, but otherwise, our lads were largely superior in all areas of the game. The 2-0 is thoroughly deserved.

So:

• An early saturday away win after a difficult european night? Check.
  • A clean sheet? Check.
  • Winning despite being not at their best? Check.
  • Setting a recent negative record straight against Brighton? Check.

Hopefully, Salahā€™s withdrawal was just precautionary. Otherwise, all is fine.

8 Likes

Not falling to pieces after going 2-0 up - check.

10 Likes

Job well done.3 points, clean sheet, letā€™s hope MOā€™s injury is nothing much. DĆ­az is turning out to be an excellent player.

I also enjoyed Fabinho taking him out to stop a counter attack. Kind of hoped he was injured there, that would have pleased me after his daft behaviour.

2 Likes

Big 3 pointsā€¦ Saving our final third flowing football for Wednesday

definitely think refs and their ilk have got an agenda against us. How is it possible that their decisions 95++% of the time have always gone against us. Could it also be that they see our club as being meek, because we donā€™t seem to question their decisions either from players on the pitch or management level?

5 Likes