Post match: Brighton v Liverpool (EPL 12/3/22 12.30pm)

It’s a lot more than that.

4 Likes

Hmm, so we only get one decision per match?

:thinking:

I don’t mind players complaining about play acting but when you take out the leg of the goalkeeper you can’t suggest it’s play acting, I had something like that and was out for a few weeks.

2 Likes

So Klopp said that it was “an overstretched foot” for Salah, whatever that is :thinking:.
Hopefully nothing too serious and he’s ok for Wednesday.

What a signing Diaz is going to be. His workrate is incredible. Top performing player in our front 3 since he’s arrived.

5 Likes

Was the over stretched foot Salah’s or the player who fouled him? He deffo pointed to the side of his leg like a scrape.

Anyhow should have enough even if he misses the next two if it’s serious then after the international hopefully.

1 Like

Yeah exactly that. It was a pretty bad challenge, completely unnecessary to follow through like that. And then doing the whole ‘don’t be a baby’ routine afterwards. Silly boy.

3 Likes

That might be JK for some sort of hyperextension injury.

3 Likes

Tbf it’s probably the drugs that boil his piss

3 Likes

Thought our team played well except for some sloppy loss of possession early in the game. Diaz was motm. Our other forwards were wasteful of their chances. Hopefully Mo’s injury is not serious.

3 Likes

Yeah once we had our first shot I don’t remember anything from them until Becker tipped over at the end.

I think one of our players stood on the back of his leg/heel during the celebration after the goal. He was completely fine prior to the penalty, looked to be feeling something after the huddle dispersed and then went down shortly after pointing towards his heel area.

Just 2 of the comments on Bluemoon in the last hour…they don’t seem to agree :rofl:

Will be a monumental effort for us to match these bastard’s results until the end of the season as every assistance possible will be given to them to win the league.

Wish we would get refereed like these kunts do we would get 114 points.

4 Likes

Really hope that Mo is OK. Full power kicking that pen didn’t help.

Can’t believe that BHA’s keeper did not even get a yellow card, never mind a red. Heart in the mouth moment when Luis Diaz was down.

Although stats does not always represent how the match was played, I am still very surprised that we had less than 400 passes in the match, worse yet was the pass accuracy: 79%. Somewhat lucky that we did not get punished with sloppy plays (was it 3 vs Ali and they skied the chance?)

My 3 picks for now:

1. Luis Diaz
  2. Joël Matip
  3. Sadio
3 Likes

said it before, EPL refs need more Training/guidance on how to referee a match fairly and competently. At the moment, I think they are of a very low standard

1 Like

Not a great spectacle but did enough for another three points. Mo and Sadio struggling at the moment to finish but the same can be said for most players that go through a lean patch. Unbelievable that their keeper got away completely with the challenge on Diaz. Dermot Gallagher will come up with the usual bull shit on Ref Watch on Sky. Diaz goal was very brave and a good all round performance from him but I gave my MOM to Joel who I thought was outstanding.

2 Likes

Brighton worked hard to close us down, and block the passing lanes. We also tried to be direct at times. Plus the game never settled, and there was a lot of stop-start (no doubt a deliberate tactic to disrupt the flow).

1 Like

Suppose if you go off the hand ball at Goodison then it isn’t a penalty but then what is?

What other decision is he thinking about? Becker and the area, reckless yes but VAR is picking that up if he did and to be fair he looked like he just got away with it.

On the flip side Diaz could have been seriously injured in a challenge that looked deliberate sadly.

I don’t think Dean was that bad in all honesty but he got that badly wrong and Attwell must have been having his lunch.

3 Likes

BT sports we’re unanimous that it should have been a straight red, including Walton.

6 Likes

If Walton thinks it’s a red when the ref doesn’t give it, then it’s a red. He never deviates.

1 Like

Job done, three points, keeps the pressure on Man City. Come on Crystal Palace. In theory they have a few players, besides Zaha, who look pretty good, so hopefully they will cause an upset.

Anyway, as for our game, we were never in top gear but it was professional enough. A 2-0 win away from home, with the games coming thick and fast, is not to be sneezed at.

Their goalie should have seen red. It was so obvious. Dangerous play, and lucky for us he only smashed through the upper chest of Diaz, rather than his head/neck, or it could have been very serious indeed.

We were a bit sloppy up front, and signs of Mo being a bit too greedy are creeping in. All the best strikers have that, but in the middle of a contract wrangle, when he wants to show his worth, you can’t help but do a bit of 2+2 = 5 with some amateur psychology and body language analysis thrown in too. Gotta love the life of being a football fan!

It would be lovely if we go into the Arsenal game with a chance to take top spot.

It would be lovely if that eagle got off its perch and attacked Pep’s bald head, too. But that is asking for too much.

1 Like