Post Match: Brighton v Liverpool (EPL 28/11/20 12.30pm)

Well, could have gone out of that game with a clean sheet and 3 points whilst having Curtis Jones playing as RB of all people. It might not have been completely deserved given the chances they had earlier, but a reward for taking our chances nonetheless. Sadly, wasn’t meant to be. What looked undeserved 3 points now look like 2 points robbed.

Performance wise, except probably Natt and Alisson, not that good performance wise from many players. I thought Minamino was decent given how the rest of the team played, was involved worked his ass off but would get unnecessary stick despite many bad performances.

I don’t know if Klopp calling out these decisions or scheduling would even help us anymore. Let’s just focus on ourselves, dust up and look forward to winning the next game. There’s nothing more that can be done, whether we like it or not.

6 Likes

VAR.

17 Likes

Fucking joke. Should be 6 clear at the top but VAR is a madness. Clear and obvious my arse - if they’re gonna be consistent with it Mane and Salah are gonna get two or three a game otherwise the consistency has gone to shit.

2 Likes

The game is now been reffed from Stockley Park the onfield ref is now just the mouth piece for VAR.

3 Likes

Anyone who thinks that’s a pen needs to watch a game of football every now and then. Neither Robertson or Welbeck are in possession of the ball. It’s a 50/50 coming together and that sort of thing happens all the time.

I feel sorry for whichever official Klopp sees first in the tunnel.

13 Likes

Yep, woodwork is creaking with all the posters crawling out of it.

1 Like

Always going to be tough, we are running on fumes.

Personally I thought VAR got the calls (however marginal) right;

Mo was offside
Mane was offside
Robbo followed through and kicked Welbeck.

2nd half driven on by Hendo we were much better, man he is so important to this team.

3 Likes

Real shit show here; VAR bees dicking an offside and ruling out perfectly good goals again and the fixture list making players drop like flies.

We’d better strap in for the ride because while I think we will be there and thereabouts again this season is going to be one long fucking grind and we can all forget about it being fun.

4 Likes

Robbed by var again.

3 Likes

If you can’t see it for what it is and what it has been for the past few seasons then you are fucking blind.

7 Likes

Bullshit penalty - both Robbo and Welbeck swung for the ball, both missed and hit each other’s feet. So how is that a foul on Robbo?

3 Likes

Its a pen. He doesn’t get any of the ball.

It just seems we get more analyized more than anyone else. Look how many extra points united have got from var yet we only seem to come out of it worse off

Did enjoy the commentary team keep saying Ryan has had nothing to do…weve had 4 on target and 3 have gone in. Luckily for him 2 have been ruled out. He has had things to do and hasn’t done them

1 Like

The two offsides I thought were correct. The penalty I thought wrong but then again no one knows what a penalty even is any more. Unless you’re Bruno.

10 Likes

Salah had the entire international break to rest and missed the leicester match. We are only 9 matches into the season before today’s game and people are saying a burnout prevention???

Klopp needs to boycott the post match press conference, or just tell all the journos to fuck off!

2 Likes

Not a penalty. Ref was poor. But, we didn’t play well enough to put the game out of reach. Injuries are starting to take a toll. This season is going to be one of attrition. Whoever is left standing at the end wins.

1 Like

Crazy match. Connelly misses a sitter, Maupay a pen. We were pretty vulnerable at the back for the first 90’. Lucky to go 0-1 up. Maybe a draw is the fair result.

Hate to see all the injuries piling up. Nathaniel Phillips is certainly a bright spot. Hope he can stay healthy.

2 Likes

Two ex players Crouch and Cole both say it was a pen… would you say they know less than you?

I do and it was. Unpleasant though the reality is, that’s a penalty in today’s game. Times change, this is football in 2020. Heading and physical contact will be banned in 5 years, you watch.

Maybe they’re being careful after his bout of covid?

3 Likes