Post Match: Brighton v Liverpool (EPL 28/11/20 12.30pm)

Klopp said it was a penalty and then shot down the pundit (BT Sport) for trying to make more headlines.

Klopp is not in the mood for shit clearly.

2 Likes

Didn’t think I’d ever feel as absolutely lifeless (not gutted in terms of losing in stoppage time) after the Ev game, this feels similarly deflating. Fuck VAR.

Welbeck’s pathetic reaction to the facebutt to get a free kick pissed me off,not even a foul.

6 Likes

It’s a crap idea, implemented badly and inconsistently and oversee by a group of officials that are not accountable for their level of performance and will always side with each other.

If it stays, my interest in the sport will be gone because it’s stolen the moments of joy from the game.

9 Likes

That’s as maybe but in this game, that incident, videoed as it was looks like a penalty. In the VAR age, you can’t bear in mind previous incidents and “even them up” It’s offside or it’s not. It’s a penalty or it’s not.

Absolutely no point at all.

VAR was searching for the penalty from the start. Also you know it will be offside if our goal is checked by the VAR. Never saw different situation. This league is the most corrupted system i have ever seen. I know i was a big Calcio fan, watching almost every game. PL is far worse regarding match fixing.
This is it for me. I’m not watching football anymore. I love the game so much, but can’t stand it anymore. Game after game the same old stuff and i’m losing my nerves. Enough is enough.

3 Likes

Dissapointing. Said at the start of this week I didn’t want a half arsed team against Atlanta. That’s what we got, and we missed qualifying early. It had an impact on this game too.

Overall we weren’t all there, but we showed battling qualities to try force a win somehow. VAR takes all context down the bog, so once they summoned the ref to look, everyone knew he was just there to rubber stamp the decision like a good communist official would do in Stalin’s day.

Prem will soon no doubt introduce 5 subs, but the scheduling will stay shit as usual. Fab getting hit on his arm would’ve no doubt have been another pen if not for the offside, despite Fab doing all that;s physically possible to avoid it.

Four points gone in this and Everton game due to ineptitude from the refs, but let’s use this to motivate the team to battle on.

3 Likes

I just wanna give you all a big hug and tell you not to worry…

We got this.

13 Likes

I thought the Mane offside was correct, after seeing it again.
The Mo offside was a joke. As soon as they get the etch a sketch out to draw up some lines, with players far apart like that, and the ball coming from deep, it always feels dodgy. At what millisecond does the ball leave the foot? What’s the refresh rate on the frame? Is the angle of the camera perfect to judge it? Seemed very dubious to me, and a good goal by Mo was chalked off.

The penalty was more a coming together than anything. That sort of thing happens all game long. No one was appealing for it - there was no clear and obvious error, which I think is the mandate for VAR to stick its oar in - but a couple phases of play later someone at Stockley Park gets in the refs ear, at which point he looks in the monitor to give the appearance of being reasonable, even though the decision has already been made at that point from miles away.

The idea of VAR is reasonable - get big decisions right, overcome human error. I can live with that concept. However, the application means that week in and week out we are exchanging poor or subjective decisions by the ref on the pitch, for poor and subjective decisions by someone miles away in a booth. At that point I’d rather go back and have the refs on the day exercise full authority over the game and ref what is in front of them, to the best of their ability. Mistakes will be made, but it would have more integrity than what we have now.

8 Likes

Klopp now being goaded by the BT sport person. Who is it? This guys gonna get a smack if he’s not careful.

Bt sport guy now fully defending BT sports position as a broadcaster. This is just unnecessary now. Klopp in more headlines tomorrow. Its slowly going to turn into broadcasters v klopp issue and before you know it klopp will lose his head.

Edit - it was Des Kelly…prick

3 Likes

Get away from me

2 Likes

When you show it in slow motion and only from one angle you can make anything to look like a penalty. That was never a pen if you watch it from different angles and put the situation in the actual context of the game. Robbo is clearing a ball and Welbeck puts his foot in between.

2 Likes

I have no idea about his stats in this game but it was really bad as a supposed AM. He is not getting the ball at ball either via a tackle or an interception. When he does gets a ball, he is like a less skillful Lallana and gets bullied off the ball so easily.

1 Like

You’re the one who needs a hug the most!!!

:hugs:

3 Likes

What happened to those complaints we raised against Everton decisions? If nothing, I doubt us raising anything against any of the decisions is going to help.

2 Likes

You are right. I had food poisoning last night!

1 Like

How the hell was that a free kick to Brighton? People talk about a conspiracy and biased refereeing, I think we definitely witnessed biased refereeing today. He appeared to be waiting for any excuse to assist Brighton with his dodgy decisions.

2 Likes

Another match where our MOTM doesn’t pick himself. Went for Jota as he scored.

We have lost our rhythm, our players don’t know where their partner is/are. Got back on track a little when Hendo came on then we lost it again. It’s going to be a slog for a while I fear.

2 Likes

Muppet from BT cant get in his head Klopp is on about Wednesday to Saturday 12.30 kick off.

1 Like