Post Match: Brighton v Liverpool (FAC 29/1/23 1.30pm)

Whatever the reasoning behind it, it hasn’t even looked like working so far.

2 Likes

This team is done, needs a full clear out!

No fight at all second half, just going through the motions.

2 Likes

Top 4 of the bottoms half of the table more like

An improved performance from our lads. The late goal is a bit of a kick in the teeth, as a draw would have been more logical, looking at the chances on both sides.

But I only want to focus on our improvement. Losing this means that we won’t have a replay and this competition is now out of the way. That will give the lads more time to train and rest, and that’s what they need in order to further improve.

Also, well done Brighton, and good luck to them for the remainder of the season. It’s not a shame to lose to a presently very good side.

6 Likes

Our experienced subs cost us

2 Likes

Not entirely sure about this, looked like they reacted as quick as they could but it was just a beautiful goal…

2 Likes

faults in our team has to be total responsibility of hierarchy as they twiddled their thumbs as other clubs made their teams more competitive

Fair play to Brighton. Just better. Top five in passing accuracy all Brighton players. Not just more accurate but much quicker. Brighton press way better. Play out from the back fearlessly. That Mitoma has to be about the biggest recent bargain in football. Exquisite player.

4 Likes

Charity shield, let’s enjoy the only trophy we will win this year.

Mitomas skill and finish deserved to be the winner today.

Brighton got lucky with their first.

We turned up and didnt get embarrased. We are a long way from where we should be but we are also much better than we have been for weeks.

7 Likes

Thought we were better than last games, even Gakpo was not anonymously.

Think we need more training instead of extra matches so did could be not so bad as it seems.

1 Like

That’s not a trophy ffs :rofl: :rofl:

Top 4 is more of a trophy than that, as nice looking as it is.

I do like how they fire the ball at each other like it’s a hot potato.

Think I’ll go sleep.

1 Like

I thought it was fairly decent, especially considering that Núñez probably hasn’t been available for much of the time Gakpo has been here?

Criminally negligent not to have invested properly last couple of years. Coming home to roost in a big way.

Now the clowns are going to have to invest much more to make us competitive

Nunez has probably looked better off the left.

Off to the politics and ist threads for some sensible debate.

Incoming…….

Fuck sake it’s hard to be a Liverpool fan at times. Couldn’t really watch it and just finished work. Highlights and booze calling later.

1 Like

I’m sorry but this is funny :rofl: :rofl:

I’d recommend swapping the order around, mate.

6 Likes

Our passing throughout the game was diabolical with Thiago the biggest culprit. We are going to finish in the bottom half of the table if something is not done about these performances. I lost count of the number of times that we gave the ball away so cheaply. Doesn’t look like we are going to make any significant signings in this window so it looks like we’ll have to put up with these shitshows for the rest of the season. So disappointing.

2 Likes