Post Match: Brighton v Liverpool (FAC 29/1/23 1.30pm)

Trying to take the positives from this game, konate and gomez look more solid in defence although we conceded two goals! as we all know midfield is a big problem bacjetic looks like a good player but i feel for him that he has been thrust into the first team and depended on because fabinho has fallen of a cliff! Would take that mcallister and mikomino off of them in the summer in a heart beat, we will get better once diaz, jota return, we just have to muddle through the season as it appears that no investment is coming during this window

I appreciate your thought, however It is an extremely sad way of hoping that things will improve once we exit from competitions. Let’s do that for CL as well
but is there any guarantee this will get better with rest and no confidence. The problem seems everything is mentally broken.
The front 3 have no cohesion
making all of them look shite
why is Thiago being made to run like a headless chicken as an attacking midfielder.
I feel the coaching staff needs to go back to drawing board and use the players in their best position and formation and gameplay that suits them. Pressing game is not made for this team to save this season.

Whatever goes on in tranining, does not match on the pitch.
Even the boss has been clueless about performances over the last few weeks , especially after saying training has been good.

1 Like

Nothing to do with VAR, but we were still lucky with a few decisions today. KonatĂ© could have had himself sent off after a last-man foul which wasn’t whistled (lucky boy on that occasion), and Fabinho should have been sent off for his reckless tackle, no doubt about that.

6 Likes

I don’t care about result but was hoping we’d play the replay to avoid any more PL games before our main men heal

In Jan of 2005 who would have guessed we’d win the CL?

Virgil Bobby and Diogo back on time for the treatment we owe to the Madrid shithousery

1 Like

We were an absolute disgrace in that final part of the game, a late goal/loss was what we deserved.

Quite a bit of luck also, from Konate, to Fabinho (lucky not to be smiling from home in the next 3 games like he did on the bench today), to Robbo.

We’re so late in challenges then we lunge into dirty challenges when it’s not working.

Salah was horrible and Gomez can go back to Charlton with that sort of defending.

We were fine till Klopp brought on the old guard. This missplaced fucking loyalty is killing us.

Final chance, Hendo in acres of space and he just aimlessly hoofs it to no one. Atrocious.

8 Likes

If he hadn’t everyone would have been
”get the fucking subs on Jurgen, why does he wait so long!?”. We don’t have anyone else currently

1 Like

That’s a bit of an exaggeration. There was no malice in any of those challenges; none of them was Keane on Haaland material.

1 Like

Champions League

.honestly.

This post receives today’s Worst-post-of-the-day trophy. Well done. :trophy:

12 Likes

Fabinho not missing 3 games is a punishment for us on current form.

6 Likes

We’ve been out for lunch so I’ve missed the game. All bar one minute when I popped into my Daughter’s on the way home to drop something off. In that one minute Fabinho came on as a sub. He gave the ball away twice and earned himself a yellow which should have been a red. :rage::nerd_face:

4 Likes

All on klopp that. Hes as bad as the players at the moment.

Weve had no games for 8 days and dont have one for another 6 days yet fucked around changing the entire midfield which stopped our flow.

Season will be over soon for us as madrid will rip us a new one.

@The-AllMightyReds will be gutted at losing his trophy.

3 Likes

Yeah why don’t we have anyone else? Klopp oversaw this decline and rewarding of loyalty, ignoring the data showing declines coming.

He’s got the other 6 days sorted.

1 Like

I’d have been shocked if Konate’s was deemed a red. Fabinho should have been off, for sure. I note though that ITV’s VAR narrative didn’t include looking at the offside review on the winning goal.

1 Like

Despite the loss, we were much better against Brighton than in the 3-0 game. Salah making better runs in the first half, even though the finish was not there.

Good opening goal, and then a fortuitous goal from Dunk for the equalizer. Second half we controlled it, till the subs. Crying out for Darwin through the middle, but Gakpo continued there for some unknown reason.

Fab with a shocker when coming on (probably only came on as Bajcetic was shown a yellow very early on). Thought Trent did well against Mitoma, and Milner could’ve been used in midfield instead.

The winner from Mitoma was an excellent finish, after a training ground move that saw them switch wide to Estupinan with a block, and then a block on Robertson at the far post. Gomez going for blocking the shot, which was the right thing to do that close to goal (imo can’t be faulted this time, whereas he was at fault in the Welbeck goal from the last match against Brighton).

2 Likes

I’ll moan about the officials for that, actually. I can’t really enjoy a game if it’s not officiated properly

Found a new way to let every one down by losing after taking the lead. Had some good periods where we looked closer to a Liverpool team but got undone by two really poor goals from two set pieces. Once again, too many individual mistakes and not nearly enough cutting edge.

Fabinho was a catastrophe in just 10 minutes of play and was extremely lucky to stay on; Nunez disappointing, I don’t think that he managed to complete a single pass in half an hour. Salah remains woefully out of form but at least he was more involved. Gakpo and Elliott the only real positives from yet another miserable afternoon.

At this rate, it won’t be long before we won’t have anything to play for.

1 Like