Post Match: Brighton v Liverpool (FAC 29/1/23 1.30pm)

It’s all Coote’s fault, if he just done his job and sent Fab off we’d have gotten away with a 1-1.

1 Like

TBH, I thought we looked OK until the substitutions. After that it looked all very disjointed and a couple of things could have gone worse for us - I was convinced that Fabinho was going to be sent off.

I’m not sure why Trent was subbed. Presumably, Klopp doesn’t think he is fully fit but he looked very hacked off about it - fuming on the bench.

1 Like

Aye, we have to use what we have, and if it just reinforces decisions about players whose time has come to an end then so be it. The sad thing is the longer this malise goes on the bigger the clear out it is apparent we likely need. The defending on Brighton’s third goal the other week was pathetic. Gomez committed today to showing it wasnt a fluke.

1 Like

Only caught bits and pieces of the second half (stream) , but fuck me the bits I did see were absolutely awful. We just can’t pass the ball anymore , wtf is going on.

And Henderson and Fabinho were fucking dogshit again when they came on.

1 Like

Yup I generally thought we played well for 70 mins.

Just another kicker of a result. Some poor displays as well but was better. Issue is I’d rather we be playing more games we just seem woeful off 7 day breaks.

2 Likes

If he gives it as a foul its going to be difficult to not view it as a DOGSO and have to send him off.

2 Likes

Weve defended both cups with a pathetic wimper

We’re just a really bad side and unless we see some new faces, particularly in the middle then this trend of shitness will continue…I don’t see how it can’t?

You can have whatever manager in the dugout, in the dressing room, on the training pitch…it won’t make these players perform, 80% of this squad are Everton standard players and FSG are failing Klopp by not addressing this.

Should please all the numpties who think the domestic cups no longer matter.

6 Likes

All these fouls we are constantly doing is a direct result of being so far off the pace in every game, half of them come from are awful passing to each other, the other half come from trying to chase the oppositions who are outpassing us constantly.

3 Likes

Fuck me are you Bill Kenwright?

2 Likes

Brighton came on 2nd half wanting it more than us. They were the better team again. I can’t see us finishing top four unless a massive shakeup before transfer deadline. I love Salah but his best is at the past. Thiago and Fabinho looks to be following him.

1 Like

Funny thing is we could do will Bill Kenwright taking most these players off us.

They don’t.

When you’re challenging for the league and doing fabulously in the CL.

The word “When” in that sentence is doing the heavy lifting.

I just cant work out why klopp chsnged the entire midfield when we arent playing for 6 days and not played for 7?
It cost us

3 Likes

He’s not that blind and deaf.

At least there was 1 positive from the game, so well done Ibou. Only 1 that showed heart from minute 1 to 90.

4 Likes

Hendo for Bajectic (Yellow card, maybe even Milner), would have made sense later on.

As others have said Trent was fine. Not sure why you’d bring on Fabinho, yet another cameo where I wanted to rip my eyes out.

Question is who is bad and who has gone, some are just struggling, some are simply not there.

1 Like

Bajcetic has shown his legs dont have 90 mins at this level. Elliott took a bang on the head. Thiago has played way too many minutes and was getting an earfull from Klopp shortly before he took him (could have been him complaining about Nunez, but was definitely directly to Thiago).

2 Likes

Would’ve been better for us had it been a red. Would have forced us to be more compact and imo increased concentration for the last few minutes to see out the draw.

Agree with this.

I thought Gomez and Konate both did well. They rushed out early many times to snuff out things before it could develop. They als went out wide to help the fullbacks.

Mitoma flicking over Gomez while Joe’s attempting to block a potential shot a metre from goal shouldn’t take away from what they did before that. The first Brighton goal was pure luck. Overall, the chances were quite even.

Then decisons like keeping Gakpo through the middle most of the game doesn’t help. When the subs first came on, our pressing actually improved.

2 Likes