Post match: Burnley v Liverpool (EPL 13/2/22 2pm)

Man of the match
  • Alisson BECKER
  • Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD
  • Joel MATIP
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • Andrew ROBERTSON
  • FABINHO
  • Jordan HENDERSON
  • Naby KEITA
  • Sadio MANE
  • Mohamed SALAH
  • Roberto FIRMINO
  • Thiago ALCANTARA
  • Diogo JOTA
  • James MILNER

0 voters

Unused subs: Kelleher, Konate, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Tsimikas, Diaz, Elliot

:arrows_counterclockwise: 57’ Thiago ALCANTARA on, Jordan HENDERSON off
:arrows_counterclockwise: 67’ Diogo JOTA on, Sadio MANE off
:arrows_counterclockwise: 90+2’ James MILNER on, Naby KEITA off

:soccer: 40’ FABINHO (assist Sadio MANE)

1 Like

9 Likes

Glad to get out of that anti-football shithole with a win. Roll on Reds

11 Likes

A piece of piss.

2 Likes

Voted Ali Thiago and Fab. Not a good game but still a good win. Thiago improved us a lot but Ali was unbelievable

2 Likes

Not good. I think if Cornet knew how to play football, we might have lost that match.

3 Likes

Don’t care about performance or anything in game the only think that matters on a wet and windy afternoon in Burnley is the result 1-0 job done

12 Likes

Horrible match. Burnley made it uncomfortable for us throughout.

Glad it’s over, glad we got the three points.

7 Likes

I’m not sure how reflective that match can be of our fortunes, really? Terrible conditions, a front 3 that’s a little rusty in terms of playing with each other, and it’s Burnley. They thrive off scrappy situations, so everything suited them. The little I saw was encouraging in terms of how we handled the game really well.

Onwards and upwards.

5 Likes

Hope Burnley gets relegated and dyche loses his job-

5 Likes

Fuck off Burnley.

9 Likes

Thank god that’s over.
Fab and Ali our best.
Concerned about Hendo and Bobby.

3 Likes

When it’s the dog days of February and you’re playing away at Burnley in gale force winds with driving rain then getting the result is all that matters.

Having said that I thought it was more comfortable than it looked. Burnley made to look dangerous by the ridiculous offside law of “play on” and I think all of their chances would have been called back for offside if they had scored.

Van Dijk bossed the game second half.

24 Likes

The conditions were horrific. The referee was horrific. No problem getting out of there 0-1.

7 Likes

Not a game we would have usually come out unscathed and with 3 points. That’ll do. Alisson superb. Thought Robbo was very lively as well. We improved after scoring. The conditions didn’t help us at all so I wouldn’t blame some sloppy performances.

Keep adding those 3 points and keep the pressure on. BELIEVE!

9 Likes

Don’t really disagree, Burnley did what Burnley does, but we were shakier at times than we would like to hope. Cornet’s touch was absolutely woeful, and he repeatedly gave defenders time to correct a mistake.

A lot of moaning today - playing in those conditions is not easy. Playing against Burnley is not easy. Doing both at the same time is fucking difficult.

Overall, a good performance I thought. First half was a very mixed bag, but we got in ahead despite some scares. Second half, I don’t recall Burnley creating anything of real concern. Fabinho was everywhere today, and Naby nursed the ball well. Sadio played well too, and thought Thiago was excellent when he came on - and from then we really kept the ball well and looked to make space. Should have scored a second, but the main thing was the clean sheet.

Keep that pressure on City. Going in to Inter Milan with plenty of legs - having everyone back fit right now is lovely.

11 Likes