Post match: Burnley v Liverpool (EPL 13/2/22 2pm)

I love a 1-0 win. Dyche can feel sorry for himself thinking his plan nearly worked, even though most of their “chances” were due to offside playing through.

Klopp making a lot of changes, which we will see more of during the next few busy weeks.

1 Like

I don’t like games against Burnley because they always up their levels of shithousery against us. Difficult conditions today and Burnley probably worked harder than in any other game this season. Happy to get the 3 points and go home, hopefully with no injuries.

4 Likes

I think like @Sweeting said, our offside trap was fairly impeccable. Doesn’t feel like it, but we defended well, and should be good to rely on.

2 Likes

Our last pass let us down on a number of occasions. Think of the Mane first half situation where he should have easily slipped in Mo, and also Mo criminally underhitting the pass to Jota.

But a win is a win. Just what we needed before the first leg against Inter.

1 Like

It wasn’t that long ago that we’d all be happy with a draw right now.

Thankfully we now have far higher standards than the most optimistic of United fans.

4 Likes

Defensively we were brillant. Offensively not so much. Anyway nice 3 pts.

Christ there were some pissed knickers in the match thread.

A load of moaning about our line. Lads, every one of their ‘chances’ was offside the line worked well today. Was never concerned Burnley were going to score.

11 Likes

Cornet was a massive help with that. He repeatedly took a recovery touch while their forwards began their runs, and we did indeed do a good job of holding that line.

3 Likes

Ugly as sin win and arguably undeserved performance-wise, but it was in horrible conditions against fucking Burnley, so it feels even better.

1 Like

It’s seriously annoying hearing about how shite some posters think our lads are. FFS we aren’t United

4 Likes

Not going to lie, I was. But because of the refereeing. I don’t trust the referees to not muck it up.

5 Likes

That was horrible, i really hope Burnley gets relegated and never come back , so we don´t have to play against them anymore.

4 Likes

I was surprised that the penalty shout wasn’t more of a thing. The Burnley lad swiped Mo’s leg, and it would have been absolutely stonewall, were it not for that odd rule that a challenge on Salah can’t be a Pen.

10 Likes

This narrative our high line is some sort of suicidal football which now appears accepted and repeated by every single pundit or commentator is nauseating. Made it sound today like they had shit loads of chances because of it when the reality was all bar two were all clearly offside.

Three points all that mattered today.

14 Likes

It literally was pissing down

1 Like

Alisson is the real hero today! Without him, we would have been down a couple of goals in the first half. Hendo and Bobby’s form is worrying.

It seems that Hendo has reached his peak with us and we are seeing a very visible decline in his ability. His knock came about when his poor first touch brought the ball so far from him that he had to make a tackle, get booked and hurt himself in the process. That was kinda shocking to see.

When Hendo went off for Thiago, the difference couldn’t be any more visible.

As for Bobby, he flagged so badly in the 2nd half, he just made a lot of poor choices…

2 Likes

Tough game against a rough old outfit in bad conditions. Hard to pick motm as no one was really outstanding ( except possibly Ali) Only really good thing about it is we won :slight_smile:

1 Like

Result is what counts and all that, atrocious conditions so it’s somewhat forgiveable but some our lads don’t help themselves as well. Some really poor performances in there. Trent looked like he hadn’t woken up this morning and the form Firmino is really starting to worry.

Three points though and on we go.

1 Like

dang!! fabs FIVE goals in seven games…WOW

4 Likes

You didn’t watch their game against United then?

3 Likes