Post Match: Burnley v Liverpool (EPL 19/5/21 8.15pm)

I was against keeping Phillips but it might be more useful against teams like this, I remember Klavin doing similar.

Scruffy goal but important to have it 1-0 at half time as Dyche’s game plan is gone it’s almost like the Leeds game, Palace have more pace but they also don’t have quite the defence.

I think a goal win will do if I’m honest but I’d rather we comfortably do this

6 Likes

Special shout out for Carragher and his terrible commentary

At one point in the 2nd half, I actually heard him say “When the whistle got blew”. WTF Jamie?

10 Likes

0-3 not bad after 7 shots off target that were easilier to put in!

1 Like

We are looking more like our old selves. Seen so many games like that during the period when we were winning all the time. Just doing enough. The obvious difference now is that we are weaker defensively and look vulnerable at times but that’s to be expected with an inexperienced CB partnership. Both had their shaky moments but they are doing a fantastic job in the circumstances. Phillips was magnificent, especially second half.

We are creating plenty of chances and it helps when others apart from Mo can chip in with goals. Still a bit to do and I won’t believe we’re going to be in the CL next season until I see it. Two months ago we were in a desperate state. JK has done a hell of a job to turn it round. Just hope we can finish the job off in front of fans on Sunday.

7 Likes

thanks red…

3 Likes

Except in the first four minutes

1 Like

Solid performance. Some of the posters on here need to take a breather before some self inflicted heart conditions are caused haha. A win and we are in. Boys stepping up at the right time. Not as much pure quality as we have been accustomed too, but some big balls on the boys.

Anfield with fans, build the fortress back

7 Likes

I’m not expecting gratitude, but I didn’t watch and we didn’t concede. Just saying…

17 Likes

Guys (and ladies), I will say it one more time.

We will win our last game and we will be in CL.

Forget those permutations and combinations.

12 Likes

I thought Tiernay was ok I think some of the challenges on Alison were fouls (I’m a goalie though).

But some of there diving was pathetic and he didn’t give it much thought.

3 Likes

I won’t watch the CP match either, but I hope this curse will not carry on into next season

13 Likes

Well done, looks like you’re missing the Palace game as well.

3 Likes

Second best goal of the run-in that was.

6 Likes

Sorry- had other things to do this evening.

6 Likes

Alternately, you can start watching Everton, City, United, Chelsea :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

It was nice to see someone drop the shoulder and have a shot on goal.

2 Likes

You know what to do Sunday…
Avoid screens like hell!

Meanwhile, @Quicksand, not so quick, eh?

3 Likes

Nat Phillips scored one, prevented one, and dealt with a tough team in the air. MOTM for me.

We are now 7-2-0 in our last nine, and that includes giving up late goals against Leeds and United. We could be 9-0-0. That’s pretty impressive with our fifth and sixth choice CBs.

7 Likes

That will do nicely thank you,lads!
Nice to see Nat score his first for us,coming after Allison against West Brom.,nice to see.
Nice GD cushion now,but we need to nail Palace to piss on Fat Sams farewell party.

3 Likes

Was that you playing Theft and Shrubbery in my garden?!??!?!?!!

4 Likes