Post Match: Burnley v Liverpool (EPL 19/5/21 8.15pm)

one more game. Nat Philips amazing again .

Was visiting a friend and his newborn baby so missed this. What a fantastic result ! Like I said in the Prem thead, I really do believe we will nail this now ! And it will be such a fantastic ending to what looked earlier to be a truly dreadful season. And now ? If we beat Palace, it will merely be a disappointing season and not an awful one :slight_smile:

Enjoy the night, guys ! I am off to youtube to watch a replay :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just wait until we start playing well, someone is going to get a spanking.

6 Likes

That’s okay :smiley: . Hope everything is fine.

2 Likes

Fat Sam is still claiming they were unlucky to be beaten by us. What a bitter, deluded prick.

6 Likes

I love some “fans”. A 3-0 win and still some moaning.

Business end of the season we could finish 3rd, 4th or 5th.

Imagine we finish 3rd?who said we’re behind Chavski? Hahaha

4 Likes
5 Likes

West Brom were lucky it wasn’t 5-1.

1 Like

Dyche is a tosser but it’s the benefit of his team, Big Sam doesn’t care what team it is, it’s all him him him.

12 Likes

Delighted with Nat Phillips after telling a fellow Liverpool fan at work that I thought he would be the hero for us tonight, he hasn’t let me down, we get the three points and I look like I know what I’m talking about.

I’d have taken a win of any kind, but that really gives us a decent cushion now that any win against Palace will see us through realistically.

Thiago class again today. Good game for Robbo.

6 Likes

Chuffed for Big Nat! His first Liverpool goal, and what a header! Our defensive unit can certainly head that fookin’ ball! Even Trent had a header, which was tipped over the bar - although he was offside.

Thiago was magnificent again! And next season will see us return to the top challenging for trophies again. Thiago has more to come!!!

I was on edge until Bobby scored, and was also annoyed with the chances we missed starting with Sadio early on. It is so frustrating missing decent chances!

Great header from Nat to make it 2-0 and give us breathing space. Then he headed one off the line to keep us at 2-0. A great 2nd half performance from Nat!

And to really seal the match the Ox shows Mane how to fookin’ score!!!

Anyway, thats it for now!!!

Let us win on Sunday!!!

In Klopp we trust!!!

19 Likes

Sunday. Get in. Will be a fine bathe in the hot tub after this season.

1 Like

Got to give Man of the Match to Nat Phillips. Not only did he score an important 2nd goal, but he was key in snuffing out several scoring chances for Burnley. I really hope we retain Nat Phillips for next year. Even though Van Dijk and Konate are marked down as our starters, it would be really good to have reliable cover such as Nat Philips to play that 3rd/4th centerback role.

1 Like

Job done. Wasteful again, and should have been very comfortable, but 3-0 at Burnley is good. One more win and we are in CL, which after all that has happened, would end the season with a very nice silver lining.

Ox gave a nice cameo, sharp turn and goal. Gini gone, Keita going? If so, keep Ox, we need goals from midfield. And he might yet kick on and be a good player for us after all his injury problems. The tools are there if he can stay fit and get a run.

Happy with the end of season form, and also that we have given ourselves a great chance to end on a high note.

YNWA

4 Likes

Crystal Palace.

Sign off the season on a high note. Send Woy out in style!

3 Likes

Oxlade Chamberlains’ late goal shows the type of talent he always had. His real problem is he can’t stay healthy. I would rather sell him on while his value is high, then use that money to buy a player who can actually stay on the pitch for at least 75% of the season. I’m not averse to selling on Keita either as he can’t stay healthy either and will have African Cup of Nations next year.

We already lose Mane and Salah to the Cup. Let’s not stack up the number of games lost too much.

1 Like

@GermanRed mentioned during the game about this and I sort of agree with this -
I think overall it was a good performance by the ref as well.

He let the game to continue more often than not. Which was refreshing given how last week every contact was punished.

Much like it should be.

2 Likes

A bit of a moan…
Passing was poor at times, particularly Bobby and Robbo.
Finishing wasn’t up to sctatch, Mane for example.
We were flatfooted defensively on a few occasions.

But!
We were fucking magnificent, Thiago looks like a fucking Rolls Royce, Nat Phillips is a cult hero, Trent has blown away all the criticism.

To get top four from where we were? Nothing short of exceptional.

9 Likes

I found Fab’s game a bit off yesterday. Missed many duels he went for and resulted in all sort of troubles for the second ball.

One good thing was we were finally attacking a lot from our left. Most of the chances have been created with Trent bombing forward and our right recently, but that was a welcoming change this game.

3 Likes

Yeah i thought ref was good.
It’s amazing how quickly I haven’t missed the home fans calling for fouls every time there is contact or someone falls over.
Also how weird was it when we scored - you could hear a pin drop.

2 Likes