Post match: Chelsea v Liverpool (EPL 2/1/22 4.30pm)

Man of the match
  • Caoimhin KELLEHER
  • Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD
  • Ibrahima KONATE
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • Kostas TSIMIKAS
  • FABINHO
  • Jordan HENDERSON
  • James MILNER
  • Mohamed SALAH
  • Diogo JOTA
  • Sadio MANE
  • Alex OXLADE- CHAMBERLAIN
  • Naby KEITA
  • Curtis JONES

0 voters

Unused Subs: Adrian, Pitaluga, Gomez, Beck, Williams, Morton

:arrows_counterclockwise: 69’ Alex OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN on, James MILNER off
:arrows_counterclockwise: 69’ Naby KEITA on, Diogo JOTA off
:arrows_counterclockwise: 90’ Curtis JONES on, Sadio MANE off

:soccer: 9’ Sadio MANE (Assist Diogo JOTA)
:soccer: 26’ Mohamed SALAH (Assist Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD)

Poor game, weak mentality :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I don’t recall a performance from a Liverpool player pissing me off as much as Jordan’s today. Every thing he did created a fifty fifty. Absolutely fucking awful.

But really. We can’t let two goal leads slip (today is hardly the first) and consider ourselves in a title race.

14 Likes

3 Likes

Disappointed that we did not take 3 points from Stamford Bridge…But also fortunate that we did not lose all 3 points with the way that we played in the final 15 minutes of the 1st half.

Ball passing has been abysmal by our boys in this match.

My 3 picks in no particular order:
Caoimhin Kelleher
Mo
Sadio

1 Like

Kelleher was solid. Zero nerves in that boy. A bit of the matador in him.

7 Likes

Great entertainment but sadly only a win would keep us on city tails, Kostas man of the match, Moand Sadio both played really well. Onwards and upwards.

Tsimikas?

1 Like

These are the two teams meant to challenge Cheaty for the title. After having watched this shite, my only conclusion is that the latter will continue to run away with it. Chelski and us are simply not up to the task right now.

Yawn.

2 Likes

Considering how shite we were, a draw is a good result.

But that is not anything to be happy about.

2 Likes

Well, disapointing result after being 2 up, reminded me of those 2 goals scored late in the first half by AC Milan at Anfield in the Champions League. Kack of concentration maybe?

Time to smoke my pipe and forget about this game!

12 Likes

Really says a lot about the game that we could have won going away but had a whole 45 minutes where we could have lost it. Frustrating lack of resiliency. City are setting a high standard and we have been brilliant at times but we are more than halfway through the season averaging ~2 points per game. Not bad but hardly good enough to beat City over 38 games.

1 Like

On the one hand, no ali, matip, robbo, thiago, Bobby (think him and thiago were the biggest misses today), or minamino/Div for the late goal drama they crave.

On the other two up and piss it away. Again. Again. Again. Again. Again.

A result that many would’ve been OK with before the game but very annoyed with the manner of it.

5 Likes

Ding ding.

2 Likes

Well…not a great performance to add to two disappointing results over Xmas but… it was worth it just to see that Mo goal… the man is a genius. Onwards Reds, let’s a see what we do with the second half of the season

3 Likes

Matip was biggest miss today no one to carry ball out of defence.

2 Likes

Can live with a draw, Chelsea played strong with a real disire to win. I was not impressed with our midfield to say the least. Without Mané, Salah and Keïta and people out with Covid I fear the worst for the next few weeks.

4 Likes

he has moaned every season he has been here to be fair

1 Like