Post match: Chelsea v Liverpool (EPL 2/1/22 4.30pm)

Poor game. Fitting tribute to Desmond though.

If you look at him just before he has to do something, it can be unnerving for some, as he has his hands to the side standing up straight like he is having a Sunday stroll.

Is a modern keeper with excellent ball skills. A very worthy number 2.

1 Like

We’ll experience troubled time, that’s for sure. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us out of the top four when they come back. The best for us would probably be if the league was postponed for a month from now on.

Yeah, nonchalant and very confident in his passing skills. Took some risks out there, but they all came off.

5th game this season we’ve drawn or lost from being in the lead. It’s just not the level of title winners, 2nd is the best we can do, especially with Mane and Salah off to the ACON.

Easily the worst midfield performance all season, all 5, including subs, were utter gash. Never once in control of the game, the first place we need a signing for come summer. Kovacic and Kante so so far ahead in all elements of the game. We were 2nd best to everything, sick and tired of losing every single 50/50.

Maybe stop with the “intensity is our game” shite every soundbite you get Pep, as we haven’t done that for a while…

Why we are persisting on asking our midfielders to form offensive triangles is beyond me, the ones being asked can’t do it, it’s creating nothing and leaving us wide open time and time again. Some pragmatism please.

Kelleher the only positive in a sea of shit, he’s a proper good keeper.

5 Likes

We might get a few cancellations…until AFCON is over…start coughing boys…(only joking)…

1 Like

Can’t believe Sadio is getting MOTM shouts. He was absolutely fucking gash.

3 Likes

Kack is the right word for it.

3 Likes

Perhaps, but I thought Konate and VVD played well.

Midfield was lack lustre and Jota was off the boil in his build up play. A more stable midfield would’ve helped massively and Bobby would’ve have been more suited to the attacking, would’ve created more space for Salah to exploit.

would have taken a draw at the start of the game,

but to go 2 up, only to concede 2 for the draw, leaves a bad taste in my mouth,

the midfield of Milner, hendo and Fab lack any flair or guile and was very poor today,

hopefully we dont see too much more of this combo in midfield this season.

That was bloody rubbish except for Kelleher who was outstanding I thought

Lucky to escape with one point.

1 Like

Now the joker…is on tv…no you wanted sadio off…just go and sit in ya bath…

1 Like

Just a random thought, but Tuchel sweating right through a padded coat? Fucking hell.

2 Likes

I disagree Konate he seems to make Virgil so nervous with his positioning.

The situation is asking a bit much of Milner. Turns 36 in two days. Surely, wouldn’t be seeing this much match time but for all the injuries and COVID. Still, I don’t think he was quite as bad as people in the match thread made him out to be.

1 Like

I think the midfield needs a huge overhaul.
They look leggy every game.

3 Likes

this is what happens when u hedge your bets on an injury prone 30 year old midfielder (thiago)… hendo needs some one with a bit of technical ability next to him. Milly is jus too much of the same

4 Likes

He’s no prince Andrew that’s for sure.

3 Likes

Rarely have I so looked forward to the distraction of cup games

2 Likes