Post match: Chelsea v Liverpool (EPL 2/1/22 4.30pm)

Chelsea set up made it impossible for TAA and Tsimi to bomb down the wings.

They had the three up front who didn’t really press; rather, they kinda stood in position knowing that their midfield combo would intercept our attempted forward pass, and then be in position to pounce.

Kovacic scored a goal that he will not score ever again, similar to the Havertz header in the Anfield game.

BTW, that higher than high line from us was, shall we say, interesting for the neutrals.

1 Like

VvD disappointed me the most in this match. Very poor passing and losing our forward momentum so many times.

2 Likes

I noticed that. Gross

My conclusion is that our midfield is light years behind City’s and that is the difference between them and us. Case in point today (and most of our bad performances). Fabinho and Henderson have too many overlapping traits (and not enough technical attacking ability) and Milner is way past it. Keita and AOC too inconsistent.

City have assembled a stellar, versatile midfield (after spending tones of money) that gives them options depending on the game and across 38 games they are simply too good.

3 Likes

true story

We brought on £100mil worth of midfielders, we’ve had money to spend and bought them… Sadly they just aren’t good enough consistently.

4 Likes

Virgil doesn’t look the same player to me, since his injury. I don’t know if it’s a confidence thing with his knee, but something isn’t quite right.

6 Likes

Or could it be that we have too many midfield injury issues, so we cannot get into groove. Each game we seem to have to change the midfield set up. That will affect any team.

2 Likes

I don’t want to see him starting games anymore. Great lad to have around and good off the bench in the last twenty, but it’s a lot to ask him to be doing 90 at that intensity.

Chelsea moaning Sadio’s elbow should have been a red card. The one from Pulisic, which looked worse to me although we haven’t seen endless fucking replays of it, is going to be completely uncommented on.

4 Likes

The happiest ones tonight are shitty fans. Both of them

1 Like

What struck me was their second was exactly the sort of goal we normally score. It looked like Trent was out of position, but he really wasn’t it was just that they pressed so aggressively they ended up with 3 runners in the area he’d just competed in for a 50-50. There have been a few games recently where it’s looked like the midfield was half a step too slow and that has a ripple through the rest of the side. Today that was Chelsea doing to us in the midfield what we’re used to doing to others.

2 Likes

Sky really going for that Mane red card line.

Gotta get them youtube clicks.

To be honest I thought were lucky to get away with a point. Our midfield were shocking. Hendo and Fabinho did not get into the game at all. Milly ran his heart out with no influence on the game. Even Virgil looked shaky. Mane was very lucky to still be on after the elbow in the first minute. Mo’s goal was goal of the season for me. Gave our young keeper my MOM for a solid game.

2 Likes

Ox is getting a lot of grief but what did Keita do when he came on.

We are badly missing Gini. His ability to control the game is something we’re really missing.

3 Likes

I literally said all 5 of our midfielders were atrocious.

I swear Azpilicuta is the biggest cvnt in the entire global game…

But Mane needs to be aware that there’s a target on him for these kinds of incidents…

5 Likes

And all of last season vast amount of the fan base always slatted Gini for lack of impact.

2 Likes

Hasslewank needs to wind his fucking neck in.

Carra mentioned the Mount one. Will they show it? Will they fuck.

3 Likes

Not you in particular general observation.