Post match: Chelsea v Liverpool (EPL 2/1/22 4.30pm)

was jus about to say the same thing… gini besides holding up the ball, really shielded hendo when he was poor… now aint nobody to do that

Show them the Robben collapse from the Pepe touch. Then they can all shut up.

I was handing out medals yesterday for the most slappable face in world football…

I did not put him in my top 5.

I think maybe I need to slap myself in the face.

2 Likes

Nah…Sun shines out of his bottom…he’s a wonder boy…and a fu***ing cheat…

2 Likes

Truly an ordinary performance. Midfield found wanting. No resolve letting another lead slip. Next to nothing from the bench. Nowhere near good enough. Two points dropped.

2 Likes

Kelleher was spot on, turned it off at half time couldn’t be arsed to be honest.

Glad it didn’t get any worse. Covid absentees have disrupted us badly it was a poor performance with some good finishing.

Hopefully we get a result on Thursday but some of the first teamers need to look at themselves, Kelleher was on for the back pass 3 times in the first 7 and TAA attempted to get out otherwise.

The final nearly costing a goal.

2 Likes

The one we missed the most was Andy. I know Kostas had a great game and he’s a true fighter, but our 1st back four need to return, or we’ll stand no chance to end up 3rd let alone 1st. Andy, Matip, Virg and Trent.

Same with the MF. Gini was never replaced and we evidently planned to play in a different way. Then we had the MF injuries. So 2 injury hit seasons in a row, we had the chance to take action in Jan, and we didn’t in early 2021 and won’t in 2022

1 Like

Felt we missed him on Wednesday as well, the space Leicester left was criminal and we had a chance to do more but Mane was poor and Tsimkas didn’t take more of an advantage.

1 Like

We were definitely missing Thiago but we need to be looking at strengthening if our entire midfield depends on a 30 y.o to be fit for the entire season. I don’t think playing both of Henderson and Fabinho is a good idea. They are both primarily ball winners and recyclers of the ball. Hendo has a decent range of passing but both of them are terrible under pressure from the opponent.

We need to have 1-2 guys in our lineup who are able to receive the ball on half turn/open his body while getting the ball + carry the ball so we can take a few guys out in the midfield area. (Keita is actually good at that but makes bad decisions in other areas of his game).

3 Likes

Ox for Jota was a head scratcher. Then we ended up with only Salah at the end, but he was still stationed wide right.

That counter attack from the Chelsea corner - Ox just needed to touch the ball onwards to the right for Mo to be in for goal. Shame

3 Likes

Hassel the wank…can’t even be bothered to look at or compliment our goals…dip shit…

We should now concentrate on securing a top 4 spot. The tendency to shoot ourselves in the foot every now and then has cost us dearly.
|An overhaul of the squad is also needed.

At this point, if I were Klopp, the only midfielders I see that can perform independently of the others is Thiago and Fabinho. These 2 are the must-keeps.

That leaves us with AOC, Keita, morton, hendo, milner, curtis jones and harvey elliot . It looks fucking dire, ain’t it?

Morton is too young. Milner has lost his legs. AOC relies a lot on his midfield partners to be visible which explains his wildly inconsistent performance. Hendo for all his experience just simply cannot hold the ball under pressure ( which is why Gini was always an outlet for him) and is very poor in his tackling and suspect positioning at times. Keita is just simply not fit enough to get into form.

To be brutally honest, I don’t think Jones will have a superstar career with us. He will most probably go the way of Conor Coady. As for Elliot, he is still recovering from the potential 3/4 season ender.

All I hope is that Michael Edwards can find a gem before he leaves, FSG to show their conviction and quickly snap that player up.

This is the time that the entire scouting team and the team owner needs to prove their worth.

3 Likes

That Salah shot from out the box - a bit more height and that would’ve been an excellent goal.

Speaking of which, Mo was sublime for his goal. Control, shimmies to put Alonso off, and then squeezes it in by lifting it over Mendy who is trying to cover the obvious side.

3 Likes

I totally agree, he showed his limitations today as we needed someone with guile in midfield and I thought non of our midfielders provided it, how we miss Thiago

2 Likes

the owners have been getting away with it to be fair. the last two seasons they have barely invested anything. jus riding klopps coattails and increasing club value

5 Likes

I used to think Fabinho was an absolute main stay of team but I’m not sure now. He gets skipped around far too much now and has no recovery pace.

2 Likes

yeah but he gives it away at the end :wink:

You forgot about Rona seasons.

2 Likes

He lacks pace and agility defending in games that are open

2 Likes