Post Match: Chelsea v Liverpool (EPL 20/9/20 4.30pm)

Thats how you play like Champions.

The first half was slow, but our defence looked reassuring.

And our front 3 today, especially for the first goal, fantastic interplay and a great header by Mane. Those one two touches and how they open up defences, a thing of beauty.

Then the 2nd goal is all about tenacity and how Mane didnt give up on the play and forced the mistake leading to him scoring.

Alisson saving the penalty? and then the save from Tammy Abraham as well? Immense by Alisson

Fabinho? 4th choice centre back, 1st choice professional, just great.

And then we had Thiago coming off the bench too? Its the kind of sub that excites and comforts me. To have that quality available to us today. It just all felt good. And to win away from home. Bring on Lincoln and Arsenal next !!!

4 Likes

Can’t decide if I was more impressed by the quality of Mane’s header or Bobby’s pass to make it happen…

Quality performance today.

They stayed focused and composed.

3 points. 2 goals added to the goal difference.

Job done.

Next?

2 Likes

Told youse it would be squeaky bum time.

:poop:

4 Likes

Lamps went for the stifle tactics, and chase one counter position. Instead, his defender floundered in a counter position by rugby tacking our Sadio. A red all day long.

The opening goal beautifully crafted, and a strong headed finish by Mane. Then Kepa did what Kepa does, and a goal for Mane made by his perseverence.

Thiago showing quality on the ball, but gifted a way back in for Chelski. But then Alison finally decided to save a pen to avert any cracks from displaying.

Finished quite a comfortable game. Fab was excellent in his one on ones in the first half, always nipping in to steal the ball. We keept a high line, and he did more than well. I suppose the test for him in that position would be against a physical player who will stand by him for the headers.

And now onto the Arse. Need to teach them a lesson.

1 Like

Dead chuffed with the win and to watch a new player dovetail into the team do seamlessly was a joy jota would have finished them a lot better with his speed and also as a surprise element. I have to admit I was worried before the game but I am slowly thawing out Fab was immense Mane was outstanding and so were Salah and Bobby proper team work this YNWA

6 Likes

The entire sequence of play was brilliant. Very nice team goal that

5 Likes

Enjoyable game… We showed our Champions Pedigree…
Special mention to Mane and Fabinho.
Felt the presence of Thiago, being another world class player gave an added boost of confidence and aura.
Allison still the best Goalkeeper in the world.

Just Love this Club.

4 Likes

I’d put that in the spank bank but it would be a bit rank.

Tank.

4 Likes

and Frank’s a bit wank

2 Likes

To be fair, one mistake can be a goal for any CB. That’s just the way it goes in that position.

Fabinho was faultless. As assured a CB performance as you’re ever going to see. Absolutely no worries about playing him there, and I’d actually be a bit disappointed if we buy a CB at this point.

6 Likes

Ashley Cole smarming up to Frank…does he want a job…creep.

Hendo carried the MF first half. Thiago completely changed the dynamic when he came on. Can’t wait to see the 2 of them on the pitch together dominating.

3 Likes

Bringing Thiago, that’s how it’s done…but I don’t understand, why JK brought Millie, after 60 min, when we were completely dominating the game… Slowed the game, and being slower than the chelsky lot. Run around the pitch, and let them even organize in the back. Took the impetus from Thiago…Then brought Taki at 85th, while Millie interfered in every free kick, corner…Fwank, even got brave enough to bring Abraham. Maybe I am wrong about this, but city would demolished them, not just because of the 10 men, but for being so poor…
All in all…I am up for no 21-YNWA
All the best guys!

3 Likes

I was actually very disappointed with Chelsea, they didn’t seem to be able to play our back line at 0-0 and seemed to have given up when they came back out.

I’m sure they will get up to speed but they need to start soon. Brighton could have easily had them last week and we were coasting.

We could have scored 3-4 more if we had tried, we just didn’t.

1 Like

They used to say it takes at least two years to learn the position properly. Fabinho played great today but it’s still a risk putting him in there.

1 Like

Huge game from Fabinho, what a performance at CB in such a tricky game.

Also the usual reminder that Kepa cost more than Alisson.

6 Likes

Frank can no longer be classed as plucky novice with his hands tied behind his back.

I feel that he spends his time berating our team he should concentrate on improving his coaching skills but his body language shows he is jealous and bitter already if he is not careful he will lose his job as his clubs owner is quite ruthless having spent 200 million + on new players.

3 Likes

Jürgen is bubbling. Fabi MoM contender according to him.

7 Likes

Think he brought Millie in to slow the game :grinning:

4 Likes