Post Match: Chelsea v Liverpool (EPL 20/9/20 4.30pm)

We looked more like a Klopp team today after last weekend’s out of character performance, particularly in the second half when Alcantara took control of midfield. Mane oozed class as usual. We should have scored more against only 10 mercenaries but that’s merely nit-picking. Next! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Obvious, but why???
They played around their 40 yards, and were scared-shitting from Thiago, I am baffled :interrobang:

1 Like

One of the very few times I have used more than one vote for MOM. Mane and Fab.

3 Likes

Fabinho it was just like watching Lovren in his pomp.

1 Like

So we still have the two best CBs in the world.

7 Likes

Comfortable. We were the settled team, we were the best team, they were the disjointed unsettled bunch that just couldn’t stand up to us.

Fabino best player on the pitch. Mane the second best. I voted for both. No use giving a nr 3 votes, Fabino and Mane so much better than everyone else by a clear margin. Wonderful to see Allison calm and collected. Nice read and save on the penalty and then a good save later. Rest of the team were more than good enough. No one played on a level where I got worried for their form. Thiago looks to be a gem for us, his read of the play and offensive passing was exquisite. Looking like a first class addition to out team.
Still, Fabino best player on the pitch, he stifled a very active and a good Werner in a very impressive way and Werner showed, having been in Chelsea in a short time, that he will be dangerous for several defences in the league. Bossman Fabino denied him most everything though ! :sunglasses:
And Sadio Mane? He was fantastic, brilliant first goal, just wonderful. Second a good one too. Mane is always, always a threat, though Fabino still my best man since he hindered opposition goals so brilliantly.

Honourable mention also to Keepa, who might be a closet Liverpool fan.

6 Likes

Half-time substitute Thiago completed more passes (75) than any Chelsea player managed in the entire match. Since full passing data is available for the Premier League (2003-04), his 75 successful passes are the most by a player who played a maximum of 45 minutes. Control.

(Opta)

4 Likes

I’m waiting for MOTD now.

Really happy with the result and even happier tgat Klopp was happy to put Thiago straight into the squad and even put him on. Magic. Grinning as wide as I can. I’ve wanted a player like this at Anfield for years.

5 Likes

Best thing for me was to see our keeper back to his majestic best :+1:

6 Likes

Very comfortable win should have scored more. Thiago was excellent as was Mane and Fab.
Onwards and upwards.

1 Like

I was delighted for Sadio’s brace, but Fabinho was my man of the match. He had werner in his back pocket all game. And what a bonus bringing Thiago on at half time.

By the by, how much is a diver is werner? :thinking:

8 Likes

Havertz played the invisible man again today.

6 Likes

I’ll not be reticent with praise when he starts to find his feet at some point in the next few weeks, but for now we aren’t going to see fireworks from this kid. I thought it was an odd formation from Lamps. I guess he saw something coalescing on the training ground in the week.

2 Likes

It looks like a vanity signing for Chelsea no idea how hes going to be used.

3 Likes

Looks like Shevchenko again. Roman thinking he’s a footy manager.

3 Likes

Not much to say at the mopment just 2 things.
MANE!!!
Complete domination tralalalala!

Oh and Thiago just wanted to see his new goalkeeper in action with that deft penalty give away. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I thought it was our best performance since restart. Even before the sending off we were totally in control, defended well, looked dangerous going forward. It was more like the dominant performances we saw when we were really flying last season. Smothered them to death and never really had to get out of second gear.

Fabinho was outstanding at CB in the first half. Great performance from him. Thiago getting a full 45 minutes was a bonus and I’ll forgive him for giving that soft penalty away just because he looks so good in a Liverpool shirt. Alisson’s even started making saves again and I’m back to wishing the days away just so I can watch us play.

15 Likes

True looks like that all over.

Indeed. People here taking the piss out of Werner, at least he’s managed to pose something of a threat in both games. Havertz has been awful so far. Not sure he’s suited to playing in the kind of 433 Lampard uses.

5 Likes

Don’t think anyone has 75 in 45mins is a record!