Post Match: Chelsea v Liverpool (EPL 20/9/20 4.30pm)

Very pleasing.

Clean sheet - excellent, after starting last week a little helter skelter, albeit with a win.
Alison penalty save, very nice.
Fabinho slotted into the defence with aplomb, proper player.
Thiago looked world class. Saw a lot of the ball, great passing, metronome setting the tempo.
Mane - sharp as a tack, superb.
Henderson - more mins under his belt.

Back in yer box Fat Frank. Lovely.

10 Likes

We all know how good Thiago it but my man the match is Firmino.

So, does Kepa get an assist!!! :thinking:

1 Like

@Sweeting. I was also thinking this. Frank has a certain arrogance to him that’s unjustified at the moment. Compare that to what Bielsa did to us and it’s clear that Frank is just an average manager at the moment and Bielsa a truly great one.

Night and day difference from the Leeds performance. We controlled that from start to finish. I was so impressed with Fabinho, he grew in to that game and made Werner look completely impotent. In fact all the Chelsea heads went down after Sadio’s 2nd. They are an arrogant bunch with nothing to back it up yet.

And I loved seeing Thiago play. He’s only going to get better and better the more he plays with the team. He could well turn out to be the EPL signing of the year.

4 Likes

@Sweeting @red_scott Guardian had an article today about the entitlement Frankie feels.

4 Likes

Anyhow what a weekend… Thiago on Friday, Jota on Saturday and then the win on Sunday.

Also one of our toughest games out of the way.

8 Likes

Hey this is new…haven’t been on for a few weeks and I come back to find you have all left home without me!.. :joy:

16 Likes

Great performance from us. Played them off the park…

Mane the star, Mo was outstanding as well. Henderson’s perfectly shaped thru ball changed the game.

Thiago showed what he could do give the extra space of a man advantage in midfield. Exited to see more of him in games when the opponent is actually fighting us for possession

3 Likes
8 Likes

The forum or the game???

1 Like

Credit to Werner for studying the league and Bruno before arriving.

7 Likes

Been an excellent week for us fans, now let’s see the wolf show it’s bite tomorrow for complete perfection.

6 Likes

Both…business as usual…

Do you think Frank being a fat twat is in any way connected to the amount of humble pie he eats.

17 Likes

Frank Lampards post match interview was brilliant.

If it had not been for the red card, and
If Kepa had not made a mistake, and
If they had scored their penalty

They would have drawn the game :joy:

That’s Rodgers-esk mental gymnastics that !

19 Likes

Always nice to beat Chelsea! A totally dominant performance from the mighty Reds!
Clean sheet too. Alisson making a fine pen save, followed up by another decent stop from Mount shortly after.
Mane the Magnificent! Off the mark with 2 goals! His headed goal was excellent, and his second was a hoot - poor Kepa!!! He’s having a torrid time between the sticks.
Thiago - I have a serious case of man love! He’s some player! I’m going to enjoy watching him play.
Fabs had an awesome game, looked really assured at CB.
Nothing more to say!!! Time to light up my pipe with a whopping smile!!!

5 Likes

After seeing the penalty incident again, there was definitely no contact and Werner stumbled and went down. I think the referee was waiting for an opportunity to give Chelsea something after the sending off. The penalty should’ve been reviewed by VAR.

7 Likes
22 Likes

No it just helps with the shiite he talks.