Post Match: Chelsea v Liverpool (EPL 20/9/20 4.30pm)

8 Likes

It’s the sort of crap managers on a run of disappointing results who are worried about fan reaction and the hiding they are about to get from their boss always seem to spout.

1 Like

It was as penalty so what?
Beker stopped it and our on field players delt with it, good training put into practice!

Fuck. Ing. Hell.

If he never plays for us again he’s been worth every penny.

3 Likes

Like a few others, wanted a few more goals, but at the same time it was good to see the clean sheet and the team walk it home at the end of the day.

Given the season is going to be congested, opportunities to take it easy must be gobbled up. Hopefully the midweek fixture is nice and easy and the players are fresh and firing for Arsenal.

Fabinho excellent in the back 4; but unless Billy the kid or Sepp are pulling up trees, I’d quite like another CB brought in.

6 points from 6 - can’t want much more.

1 Like

When they start talking about us on MOTD2 I think Shearer might literally ejaculate in his underpants this evening.

1 Like

In the past two years our levels always drop when the Skipper is not in the side and I always worried about him picking up a knock. Thiago nullifies that problem instantly. No doubt they can play together but when the Skipper is out, or needs a break, we are in a much stronger position.
That’s what made me happiest today.

5 Likes

On that basis you should be Stoned Jones…

1 Like

Your a big Gomez fan mate, does he come straight back in after Fabs performance there today?

But in the end they did not profit from it and didn’t score the penalty justice was served

1 Like

I had to check it was real but Lampard actually said that if the keeper hadn’t made a mistake and they scored the penalty then it really finished 1-1 so he’s happy :joy:

4 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_ddoEfP3V8&ab_channel=MrBoywunder

Thiago’s first 45 minutes in a (Liverpool) red shirt.

Bonus - Fur Elise instead of some two bit electronic shite accompanies the video.

13 Likes

And if me granny had’ve had wheels, she’d’ve be me bicycle.

5 Likes

Much more comfortable win than could have been expected beforehand down to (a) red card, and (b) Fat Frank’s shithousery in setting up his side to stifle and contain rather than put any pressure on a defence that has leaked a lot of goals since football restarted.
On the red card, no doubt there will be the usual cries of LiVARpool but there’s an important point to recognise here - yet again we’d have been fucked over on a game-changing decision if it hadn’t been for VAR. These are the things that went against us as a matter of routine before VAR was introduced. I also thought there was very little (if any) contact on Werner for the penalty.
Stand out performer for me was Fabinho, didn’t put a foot wrong in an unfamiliar position. It doesn’t alter the fact we need to sign another CB in this window though.
Mane was brilliant too and Bobby got an assist which was nice to see although I still think he needs to up his game and not get caught dawdling on the ball so much.
Only other gripe is we are still massively over-playing in the final 3rd and trying to score those perfect goals. A bit more urgency and conviction and we’d have had 5 or 6. Still, great result, dominant performance and we’re keeping pace with those all-conquering blues from across the park.

6 Likes

Yes he is in total denial another lesson as a manager he should praise the opposing team for their win he didn’t give us any credit very petulant at the moment in the sack race thread he is the favourite at the moment

1 Like

Ok Gino point taken

Love this from McNulty,

Manchester City and others harbouring dreams of mounting a challenge (reality suggests it will only be Pep Guardiola’s side) would not have needed any reminder about how tough it will be to take the title away.

Liverpool gave them one anyway.

5 Likes

I was afraid of this for him personally, and I was hoping he didn’t come to England yet. Truth of the matter is no one knows how to use him. In Germany last year there was talk of him actually projecting as a CF, long term. Is he an 8, is he a 6, can he play the 10? Many articles have been written about his attributes and where he excels, and everyone wants to lock him into a different position.

Havertz will find his feet but he’s going to be really inconsistent for a period. The expectations are unfair, but that comes with the territory of his transfer fee.

9 Likes

Havertz is a player who needs to be playing in a good system and needs to have good players around him. He’s like Firmino, you can’t just drop those players into any side and expect them to perform. You need a clear plan for how you’ll use them and so far it looks like Lampard hasn’t got a clue, just like Rodgers had no idea what to do with Firmino.

Werner is a lot more straightforward - see space, run into space. That’s pretty much his entire game. It’ll take more to get the best out of Havertz but his upside is higher. Hopefully Chelsea never figure it out.

9 Likes

OTT warning, but I wonder El_Dorado, who is the gentleman on your profile picture ? Is that the legendary elusive vampire that sired Jacob Rees-Mogg, or some well known Hollywood star that I really ought to have known a lot more about ?

1 Like