Post match: Chelsea v Liverpool (EPL 4/4/23 8pm)

Are you ok Maria?

Its not disrespectful to ask an honest question. Did anyone mention JK? It’s a sad state when people make things up.

We will win on Sunday.

1 Like

We have to.

Well we don’t.

We can easily lose and it won’t change much, top 4 isn’t happening but this team is Jekyll and Hyde home and away.

Home we are better, it’s what annoys me about us so much.

I meant in the context of having any CL aspirations.

By all means shoot the messenger, but where is our spine?

1 Like

Not really. I don’t know what to say anymore.
I just want this painful season to be over soon.

1 Like

I find it’s less painful when you find a point in the season to accept this is how it’s going to pan out right the way through…probably too late for most now who haven’t done so.

After Brentford I dropped all hope and effectively writ the season off for what we are now seeing it to be.

You can’t direct the motion of a car without wheels, the steering wheel will be there, the car seat will be there, the windscreen is free from fog or snow so it’s clear to see which direction the car is taking itself…you’re just powerless from directing it back on track.

We are below Villa in the table. That is almost incomprehensible.

1 Like

OmG what did I watch?

1 Like

A team that has won 9-0, 7-0 and 7-1 this season is one of the worst I’ve ever seen :laughing: i don’t even know how to discuss this campaign.

7 Likes

Good for them its about time they were in a position which was a reflection of their spending powers, they’ve spent over 300m in the last 4 years.

Is it any more incomprehensible than Fulham being above us in Feb?

I’ve got it! We need Cerrano

was that a misprint for a pint?

1 Like

FSG has to back Klopp. If FSG has reservations about Klopp being able to turn it around, they better got the guts to find a replacement and not hide behind Klopp anymore.

Loads of changes made after the last game, some very big names too, then the team showed bit more fight. Ok, the quality wasn’t there, but we are looking for solutions within the camp, as that’s all we’ve got until summer.

A clean sheet away from home to Chelsea, who, while they have their own problems, are a side stacked with talent and have spent an absolute fortune. With no manager they also had their own point to make.

Crap season for us, no two ways about that.

But I want to give a shout out to two players, for different reasons.

First, Alisson Becker. Best in the world. He made some crucial saves, and while the team in front of him has collectively shit the bed this term, the goalie has been a rock all season.

Second, Curtis Jones. We all know several midfielders will leave in summer, at least through contract expirations, but quite possibly more than that. Jones has been debated a lot, but the truth is we haven’t seen enough of him to form a definitive opinion as to how good he is. He has missed too much football though injury, but hopefully he can stay fit and stake a claim.

On todays evidence, having not played very much to be able to find any rhythm, I thought he had a decent enough game. Not great, and I won’t go overboard, but decent enough. I hope he gets more chances to show us what he can do.

5 Likes

I think what one of the commentator said is pretty right, both teams did give it all but the quality as a team is just not there. There were passes, runs, tackles but in terms of coming together as a team to dominate the other, it is just not there and that was why both teams find the position they are in.

was watching the Klopp series by TAW, ep 1-3 where his former players and assistants all talk about how much Klopp values character.

After seeing the outburst between Allison and Henderson today, I’m starting to wonder if the C and VC Virgil are getting a bit petulant and the other players have had enough of the bullshit. I see a lot of Henderson yelling at people and I can tell you right now, I’d be done with that shit pretty quick.

3 Likes

I wonder what caused Hendo to be shoulder barging Alisson who is the arguably the one that actually conserves points for us.

If Hendo is being petulant, it’s time for him to go as well. If you are leading by example with ability, fine. If you are leading with shouts to nearly everyone but yourself, it only makes him look silly.

2 Likes