Post match: Crystal Palace v Liverpool (EPL 19/12/20 12.30pm)

We were long due to thump another team​:laughing::laughing:, what a ruthless display by our boys today. I didn’t expect this kind of performance, especially at Palace after two days rest. Finally Taki scores, should’ve had another one if he had taken his chance. Bobby scores 2 and Mo scores a curler into the corner. I think Bobby played excellent today, apart from the goals, his runs and link up plays were too class, just like his good old days. He’s gonna go on a good run now​:+1:.
Hendo control the midfield for us today, Gini did well but probably not 100%, he’s played so many games for us. Naby needs game time to get into form.
Our backline was exposed early on from the pace of the Palace players, they had their moments, but that’s why they’re a mid table team and we are top of the league :laughing:. We’re still vulnerable by over the top long balls, because we don’t have the pace of VVD and Gomez to cover. We are excellent though as a group defending.
We got some easier games coming up now and a well deserve 7 days break. Let’s go win some more games and build a gap between us and second place.

YNWA

4 Likes

Howling!!! Too much. You have e put me in a good mood. And that’s important.

3 Likes

Looks like the fun and games are over for the rest of the league.

3 Likes

Well, on the bright side, we should improve when Thiago, Jota, Milly et al are back :rofl::+1:

12 Likes

Hemingway!

2 Likes

Better end to the day after the shitshow at cricket to start with.

Cracking win, Team was immense. Can’t wait for Keita and Thiago to come back to full fitness and them to start along with Hendo in the midfield

5 Likes

Absolutely brilliant, whethered the pressure from Palace who played well that first half and then second just dominated them.

Destroyed but the finishes were sublime.

5 Likes

Well, that was tough. :roll_eyes:

(No really, it was until the 2nd goal.)

5 Likes

Especially when we are reminding them this…

HOW ARE WE?

16 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Well well well :clap: :clap:t4: :clap:

1 Like

4 Likes

Is this the first Premier league game with no VAR involvement.

6 Likes

Imagine when we get Kylian in the summer…

6 Likes

A team that is beaten 7-0 is usually all over the place. They usually gift the opposition chances time and time again.

I can’t think of many mistakes the palace defenders or keepers made today. It was all about Liverpool and our quality. All 7 goals were really good bits of play.

MOTM? Why pick one. Very easy to say nice things about all 14 of our players today.

Imagine being an opposition player or supporter and watching Liverpool go through such adversity and still end up where we are. I don’t tend to believe in ‘making statements’ with results or signings but today was a clear statement to the rest of the league. You can feel the optimism draining away from around the country.

I can sit back and enjoy all the other sport with pizzas, donuts and beers knowing the reds have done their bit now. Thanks lads.

27 Likes

MOM Kieta coming back from injury and controlled the midfield . he initially won the ball for mane goal , the vision of the pass to TAA before setting the ball to Henderson, the drive and pass to minamino which he should have scored and last the switching play and finding TAA for the corner for salah goal . all in all great performance .
first half palace had chances and exploited gaps behind our defence and to be fair they could have scored at least one , something we need to mindful better strikers would punish us .
3 points more pressure on the sad jose mourinho and his pathetic negative team

3 Likes

awesome game… thought keita struggled initially but got into his rhythm and ran the midfield. Mino played well and OX got his 18 minutes… the rest of the league had their chance when we had massive injuries. now with players coming back, we gonna fuck them all

6 Likes

Figured another jammy 2-1 at Selhurst before the game. Someone probably made quite a bit of money on a 7-0 bet.

3 Likes

“If we win here, we will win everywhere.”

By the way, I love that movie. Can you imagine meeting Gertrude and him? Oh man. I feel faint again.

5 Likes

It’s really building now. Maybe the most impressive managing performance from Klopp. No VVD, rotating doors at CB, now with 2.2 points/match, and the last two matches have looked easy. Now we have some separation, let’s run away with this thing.

9 Likes