Post match: Crystal Palace v Liverpool (EPL 23/01/22 14:00)

Got nothing to say about the rest of the whole play in which this occurs?

1 Like

We donā€™t seem to do well after extended breaksā€¦we forget weā€™re there to winā€¦

1 Like

By that logic if Edouard were not there Matip would not have been caught between the two Palace attackers and would have helped close down with VVD and Alisson and then they wouldnā€™t have scored. Iā€™d say itā€™s possibly more arguable that Eduoardā€™s offside was a more direct interferance

I think that quite confused me too. In real-time, I always thought the offence was the goalkeeperā€™s rather than the defenderā€™s. The defender does what youā€™d normally see in a clearance anyway and isnā€™t something worth a second thought about, whereas the goalkeeperā€™s one was a lot more obviously a foul.

1 Like

Yeah, but why arenā€™t we very entertaining this evening? Weā€™ve had an amazing weekend

2 Likes

Not a penalty but after last time what is he supposed to do? When he stopped to strike the ball he got flattened and it wasnā€™t given. So, fair enough, if thatā€™s the way it works now heā€™ll have to do whatever it takes. Fuck 'em. The refs need to sort themselves out, not us.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s quite a fair point, I get it now. This is one of those moments where I feel that having a post-match press conference by the referees to explain their decisions would be very interesting.

Good thing is we have a cup game which we probably donā€™t need to be at our very best.

Might benefit that Fabinho and Alisson will be playing and Salah and Mane wonā€™t have a very large break.

1 Like

Letā€™s all pray to whatever supreme being you believe in that the key members of our entire squad do not come down with Covid-19 for the entirety of Feb and March!

Win some ā€¦lose someā€¦

2 Likes

Very nervy three points, letā€™s move on.

Also, @redalways :clap:

3 Likes

The one good thing about that game was the result. After the first 30 minutes we were fucking terrible. Our game management this season has been non-existent and two goals is a dangerous lead for us these days. Today we got away with it but only just. Itā€™s not as though Palace had to work hard for their chances. We gifted them again and again and again. Almost daring them to score.

Alisson has been baleing us out all season. Unbelievable performance from him, And for once we got lucky with the decisions. Whether the Jota incident is a foul or not itā€™s hardly a clear and obvious error if you have to replay it 150 times. If that was given against us Iā€™d have been fuming.

Afcon period successfully negotiated but plenty of things to work on in the winter break.

11 Likes

They are not right. What they are is full of crap!

Thereā€™s no LFC game they donā€™t manage to manufacture a controversyā€¦

Alisson was rubbish, didnā€™t keep a clean sheet and caused my prediction to be wrong! :upside_down_face:
Other than that 3 goals and 3 points! :smiley:

1 Like

Midfield went walkabout again and couldnā€™t be found after about 35 minutes. Henderson is having a mare and just looks angry all the time. Think he needs to relax and work out his problems rather than be shyte and overly mouthy. Not sure whatā€™s going on with him. Also, having Minamino subbed on was as good as us going down to 10 tbh. Powder puff stuff.

5 Likes

Our goose is fully cooked then!!!

2 Likes

Is he? I didnā€™t know thatā€¦why?

Again, what games were u guys watching?

We dominated the entire first half save some sloppy turnovers that created dangerous moments for them.

2hf they pressed higher and dominated us, which was always expected. We played a game midweek. Remember the caribou cup?

We rode our moments, hung in there, barely and then got a PK, which by the rule is a PK!

4 Likes

Eeeeeermā€¦

We looked tired second half.

2 Likes