Post Match: (EPL Liverpool v Burnley 21/8/21 12.30pm)

I just voted Hendo MOTM as he is back (didn’t see the match) just to see who was up there. Jota and Mané must have been real shit to be so low down would appear all they did was score goals. Were we under siege or something?
Who made the assists? Kostas?

1 Like

Dyche is a bell end. If he reckons Burnley should’ve had a penalty and I can’t recall what he’s talking about, then we should’ve had about 3 or 4! They had Virgil in a bear hug every time we had a corner.

9 Likes

A piece of piss

8 Likes

Haven’t voted yet because I don’t know who to pick, a lot of solid performers.

I thought Mane played well, lively throughout and got a goal as well. Jota wasn’t affecting the game too much I thought, but that’s not really his game either. He comes alive when we get close to goal and in counter-attacking situations and did again today. Assist from Kostas yes.

3 Likes

I assume he means the Trent challenge in the first half.

1 Like
6 Likes

I hope Burnley gets relegated. Hate their manager, players, style of play, everything. Dyche can piss off

12 Likes

Interesting to see how players like Jota refer to this as the first full campaign.

Make the point it’s the injury but there is they’ve missed in the crowd even away.

If we do face any further restrictions I just hope some fans remain, doesn’t feel like football without it.

2 Likes

All I really hope for at this stage is points on the board and your strikers getting into gear. If you can put in some good performances and keep some clean sheets then all the better.

Tuchel’s Chelsea will be a test, but not a lot to complain about so far, other than Burnleys shithousery.

2 Likes

Clean sheet, three points, no injuries.

Tsimikas is showing himself as a proper back up option to Robbo, and Elliott looks a real player. We are easing some players back in and it feels like the machine is firing up again. More to come from this special team, but so far so good.

Burnley are alehouse thugs. They got nothing from us today. Off yer pop ginger bollocks.

8 Likes

My pre match posting was way off.

Nevertheless, 3 points and no goals conceded.

The lads maintained their composure and stayed focused.

Well done lads!

YNWA

3 Likes

Van Dijk is still defensively rusty and Keïta did not impress me again. Liked Matip, our Greek friend and especially Elliott with his passing, a Dutch friend of mine who hardly ever watch Liverpool asked me: who the hell is that #67? He can play a bit…

We should be more clinical in front of the goal.

2 Likes

Never in doubt.

8 Likes

That’s all? :scream: :sob:

3 Likes

Good win against a team that stopped us at Anfield for the last 2 seasons.Our football was not a top class, but this is normal at this part of the season.

It was interesting to watch Keita in a much more conservative role. He had much more defensive responsibilities and did well. Hopefully he will stay fit /6 conseci\utive starts is his best record since he sgned for LFC/, because the signs are pretty good at the moment.

Elliott with a dream debut as a starter in the league. He was solid overall and hopefully this will be the start of a very long and successive career for Liverpool.

Defence looked a little bit shaky in the first 45 minutes and for the first and last 5 minutes of the second half. But I have to admit, after such a long time out of the game Matip and VvD look very, very decent at the moment.

TAA, Tsimikas, Elliott, Alisson had a very good 90 minutes /well, 80 for Kostas/.

Salah, Jota and Mane were good, but I know that they can be much better. Hendo was laso solid after such a long absence.

Now Cheslea are next and we have to be prepared, holders of the CL, spent 100 mln. pounds for Lukaku, playing attacking and high pressing football, led by one of the best managers in the world - Tuchel.

We need to be ready and hopefully Fabinho and Robbo will be ready will start against them.

2 Likes

I would hold Robbo back until after the internationals…
He has played a lot of football already this year… and the rest now will benefit us when we are at the sharp end of the season

2 Likes

he was excellent it is an absolute travesty that he didn’t play for England all the time by rights!

2 Likes

if he thinks he should have had a penalty we should not have had the Salah goal chalked of it was fairly similar to the Fernandes one imo?

4 Likes

He’s in IKEA with the missus

1 Like

he was still hobbling at the end and Jota’s neck got Karate chopped as well and they get away with it every time.

1 Like