Post Match: (EPL Liverpool v Burnley 21/8/21 12.30pm)

Jon Stewart What GIF

2 Likes

Doesn’t mention how many he’s one of tbf, if we’re on about the best 100 managers currently working then he’s there

he wasn’t that great at PSG with a much bigger budget!

3 Likes

Back from the pub.

Bored senseless by the missus.

Match report to follow.

10 Likes

Watch the lip to the other half, mate. I’ve learned from experience with my own! :grinning:

First half was fairly even. McNeil gave Trent a hard time and they got numbers forward. We were giving the ball away too easily. Second half we just got better and better. The only negative was that it took us so long to get the second. 2-0 doesn’t reflect our dominance.

A lot of good individual performances. Matip was exceptional. Tsimikas good going forward and I loved that moment at the end when he was surrounded by Burnley players hacking away at him but still emerged with the ball. Really got the crowd going. Young Harvey will be nursing a few bruises tonight. Every time he got the ball he seemed to end up in a heap on the ground. Some nice touches. Great vision.

Hard to fault anyone today although Thiago played like he’d just woken up when he came on. I thought Barnes was certain to score at the end. What a save by Alisson. Really important to keep a clean sheet. When we were at our peak 2 years ago teams couldn’t score against us let alone beat us. We need to get back to that level if we’re going to win the league.

8 Likes

That’s Dyche’s job to moan in the media when they play big clubs. Every manager has something. Dyche moans about pens and Klopp moans about grass being too long or too dry.

Blue collar work from our boys today. Got the job done with little flash. Matip again was sensational, Virgil’s passing range is spectacular. What a save by Ali at the end. I was mildly surprised to see Dean giving us some favorable calls in the second half. Pocket the 3pts and moving on. I badly want to beat Chelsea. The transfer and Tuchel hype is nauseating.

I got a text from a dear friend from inside Anfield, she said the atmosphere was electric at the start but oddly subdued for long stretches of the match.

6 Likes

I find the newfound romanticisation of Dyche on this forum nauseating. His primary tactic seems to be counting on the leniency of Premier League referees on his team, kicking opponents more than the ball, then having his team fall over theatrically whenever said opponents go near them. Think Neymar but without the skill.

No one’s fawning over Moyes, who did much better at Everton. Perhaps a huge part of Dyche’s success is simply that he’s lasted at Burnley for so long that the stability conferred by his continuing presence helps build a solid foundation. Or on the other side of the coin, the constant chopping and changing of managers at other relegation-fighting teams is what is causing them to fall, by destabilising those teams.

I see no reason to be positive on him whatsoever. Overrated junk and the sooner the Premier League is rid of him, the better.

10 Likes

Your comments have been registered.

I’ll let you know how I make out with getting them to the right people so we can make your dreams become a reality and make the league a safer and brighter space.

Together, we are making a difference in this world with our work on the internet.

1 Like

Jota was a little anonymous outside of a well taking finish - Kostas put a beautiful cross inch perfect on his head for the opener.

Mane was very lively but both wasteful and unlucky until Trent put a lovely little for him to finish in acres of space.

Motm votes reflects more the excitement of how well the new faces (Kostas and Elliott) performed and how solid the CBS were against a lot of wrestling and attempts at bullying than it does anything wrong with how the front three performed. Looked Burnley targeted those 2 with extra physicality to “welcome” them to the premier league.

Salah would have been with a shout if he’d been 2 inches farther back.

2 Likes

What a debut of Harvey!
Don‘t want to count beans, but during the game I thought as a midfielder he must improve defensively.
Maybe that will come, he‘s a loung lad.
On the other hand, a certain Coutinho wasn‘t better in that department.

6 Likes

A perennial top division club versus a club with the second smallest (thanks to Brentford) stadium in the league that spends no money?

Edit: Also, Moyes got the United job (rightly or wrongly) on the back of his work at Everton.

3 Likes

Certainly so, but thought he already showed better defensive awareness than Shaq - and as you say than Coutinho ever did.

I’m terribly excited to see how good he can become. He spent large parts of the game looking like. 30 year old wise and experienced player - playing with that kind of patience and vision at his age is amazing.

Certainly a few moment his inexperience showed as well.

1 Like

for today its very short comment ,
F… Burnely , hate the way they play and everything this club stands for

1 Like

Another promising performance, especially from our new left back. Burnley were tricky and honed in the dark arts, but we managed a couple of quality goals. The cross from Tsimikas for the 1st was perfection, and the second was the culmination of 4 quick brilliant passes. Mane had no difficulty in providing the coup de grace. The only downside was a few woeful passes from Keita. Although lively, he needs to improve this aspect of his game.

2 Likes

Haha. This is brilliant

2 Likes

There is no love lost between Klopp and that twat :scream: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Dyche pretended to not know anything about the “White Lives Matter” banner flown by Burnley fans and has failed to criticise his club’s supporters for booing taking the knee before kick off.

I wonder if there is anyway of finding out his honest feeling about race and racism.

Anyway, on a completely unrelated note - here is Burnley’s entire first team squad. https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/teams/first-team/squad-list.

10 Likes

It was a running joke in my WhatsApp group that the club were likely astonished to find out that the youth player they signed from Sweden is black. At the time he was the only one who wasn’t white, but I see they’re up to a whopping total of three in their U23s team! Progress!

1 Like

Once a Cnut always a Cnut…!