Post Match: Everton v Liverpool (EPL 17/10/2020 12.30pm)

Show her, just show her the cynical scything tackle that ruined Virg’s game…

1 Like

After realizing the magnitude of Virg’s injury, she actually said I didn’t have to issue a family apology last night. She’s a massive VVD fan. I think she was simply shocked from my break from customary restraint, gentlemanliness, and nobility (among other high-quality adjectives). People who were in the room allege I was yelling profanities and gesturing in Ancelotti’s face. Perhaps it’s all allegations, but perhaps this forum has ruined me.

4 Likes

Never heard her swear. Absolute saint. She’s everything @SBYM wishes he could be.

1 Like

I got a yellow card as well but who cares…And I try not to swear…but that shower of shite need sorting out.

3 Likes

It’s now well over a day since the dust settled and tbh I can’t ever remember a game where I’ve felt this fucking angry for so long. Not even Kiev. I don’t think I’m alone. Looking here and on other forums there is a real sense of anger and injustice amongst the fanbase over what happened yesterday.
Make no mistake, the loss of VVD and the 2 points we had stolen from us by a fucking cheat could cost us dear in the long term. It’s already shaping up to be an odd season results-wise what with Villa and those fucking vermin being top 2 and it could turn out to be a real battle between 7 or 8 clubs for those top 4 places. Right now we have a sub-standard wreck in goal and 2 glass CB’s, it’s no exaggeration to say our season could be as good as over by the time we can regroup and get a quality CB in January. That last bit is an absolute must.
The club need to go after that fucking cheat Coote with a vengeance. They need to leave the FA and PL in no doubt about his fucking agenda. We simply can’t let it slide, cheats like him don’t stop if they’re allowed to carry on unchallenged - you only have to look at Webb and Atkinson to see that - no more of this Liverpool way shite where we keep a dignified silence while getting shafted on a regular basis.
Only ray of light right now is the injury to Tiago doesn’t look too bad. get him back on the pitch with Hendo and hopefully we can control games better and not expose our brittle defence to too much pressure.

9 Likes

Not the original point, the point you responded with or my point, but have at it.

1 Like

A lovely message from our Virgil.

15 Likes

Tears in eyes, lump in my throat…

5 Likes

You’re turning into a big softie; you’ve obviously been spending too much time reading @Alright_Now ‘s posts.

4 Likes

I think Fab and Millie should alternate running defence…

2 Likes

Yep…!!!

1 Like

I am trying to to throw darts with a picture of Pickford on the bullseye. :rage:

4 Likes

It’s hardly reflexively and to dismiss it as such is kind of proving the point I’m trying to make. It is possible to objectively think Adrian is shit because the stats bear it out as well as simply watching him. Reflexively dismissing that as scapegoating is exactly what I mean about the argument about him becoming binary. He’s fucking gash and that’s not scapegoating or blaming someone in retrospect because he happens to be the flavour of the month when it comes to having a target on his back, it’s just the bald fact of the matter. It is utterly weird how a lad like Gomez can get jumped on despite having been brilliant for long periods and Adrian gets away with consistently being shit with the common defence of ‘well we shouldn’t be allowing that in the first place’. FFS, we have a goalkeeping position for a reason.

Just to clarify about allowing shots inside the six yard box and to address the fact that he had to face a header from 3 yards away which is being used in his defence; as well as being pretty shit on the save, if you as a keeper are allowing headers from 3 yards away from a damn corner then you’ve got no right to blame your defence for allowing that header.

4 Likes

Also my view. It’s the early kickoff after a long break and millions upon millions have been waiting for this, it’s the Derby, Liverpool are already 1 up, it’s only the 10th minute, it’s a sending off offence without a shadow of a doubt, Liverpool are probably going to win this at a canter now if Everton lose a man…

Play on.

1 Like

Let’s pray Alisson comes back soon. He is needed.

3 Likes

Seems Virg is out for the season,bloody great,Pickford,he’d be the belle of the ball around Liverpool just now.
Never a fan of VAR,no chance of conversion now.
Enough of that,bright spots Hendo’s return and Thiago starting,those two could make our Midfield something else.
Hendo MOTM,just!
We miss him,when he is out.

2 Likes

re-watched the game and still can’t understand how the ref did not show a single card in the first half. I thought, also there is a rule about surrounding the ref on decisions made during a game.
Referees in the English game definitely need training/coaching on how to referee a game of football. If Oliver is considered one of the better ones, then this sadly depicts the very low level of referring in arguably the best league in the world.

He did- James got booked just as we entered stoppage time; you would have known this had you read my match report.

I don’t just post them to use up bandwidth, you know. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like
10 Likes

I think it was mentioned before but its Gomez’ reaction that says everything about that tackle. He knew it was a leg breaker and assumed the worst about it. Thiago is damn lucky to come away from that more or less in one piece.

The non/confrontational reactions from the Everton players says everything about their attitude. Cunts

2 Likes