Post Match: Everton v Liverpool (EPL 17/10/2020 12.30pm)

Nice story, but he got his foot stepped by an Everton player, just out of shot.

On a similar subject, I think our players could have done more to force the Pickford sending off. Van Dijk sits up straightaway, which doesn’t scream ‘serious challenge’ and the player need to be around Oliver. Could have also done with a few getting right in Pickford face showing a bit of outrage.

2 Likes

I hope Matip didn’t tear a hamstring walking like that!

Please can we stop short of threats of violence towards Everton players. It’s not helpful doesn’t really reflect well on Liverpool fans. I know they were utter shithouses on Saturday, but let’s show a bit more class than that.

10 Likes

HAHAHAA…

That is pretty funny.

1 Like

I get that, and never wish injury on players because its the only time I believe in karma, but its hard to keep any level of reason after Saturday.
Your point is fair, but I agree with @jaffod, this makes me angrier and more depressed than Kiev. Kiev was one game, this is a season.

6 Likes

He’s got form. :rofl:

5 Likes

Agree with this 100%, the time for burying heads in the sand is over. If ever a marker was put down by Refs/PL/ VAR it was Saturday.

The great joke that we also engaged in, LiVARpool will mean we get fuck all from officials now, as they become afraid of accusations of favourtism. Then the opposite happens. “Give them fuck all”. I hope the PL run an enquiry into this. The whining cunts in other clubs that run accusations at Liverpool have never had the bottle to challenge. I hope Liverpool do.

We were cheated. Two vicious pre determined assaults unpunished. The worst offside decision EVER to stop us winning the game.

4 Likes

Richarlison got a red and, tbf, this was a worse offside decision and this stopped us winning the league

4 Likes

John Henry… the stage is yours…
Highly intelligent but quiet type of guy…
Let the PL get a taste of it and discover what you are about…

Apologies
Richarlison got red.

On the goal vs City, VAR wasnt there to help.

Sorry, but both of those things are rubbish.

1 Like

Excuse me? So a keeper not coming to collect a ball in the six yard area directly in front of him is rubbish? Yeah, nah.

1 Like

Ignoring that issues like the height and pace of the cross, the angle it’s coming in from, and number of players in the way impact whether a keep should come and claim and ball is not a perspective that leads to very many reasonable positions.

Any keeper that tries to come for that one is going to fail to get there in time given how close to the near post Keane was able to head it from and the keeper would then then rightly be ripped apart for being rash and making a bad decision.

1 Like

The first goal on Saturday was down to Adrian. There is no “pile on” attached to that. He had the opportunity to come for the ball, and when he didnt his attempt to parry was poor.
He was extremely poor against Villa, thats surely not for debate?

Its not fair to round on a player without reason, but the notion of reflexively blaming isnt really the case in this instance. Its called honest opinion.

4 Likes

If you read the post Limie made just above this, that is basically the summary of it. Adrian can’t be coming out to try and claim that. It’s never keepers ball. It’s too flat, too fast and there are too many bodies in the way.

If he comes out for that he is not getting there and everyone criticises him. Which feeds my suspicion that the conversation on Adrian is no longer rational and whatever he does is going to be criticised.

And yes, he made two bad mistakes against Villa. One leading to the first goal. Other than that, I’m not sure he did much else wrong.

1 Like

I dont think thats really fair to be honest, that the conversation is no longer rational, and he is always going to be criticised.
He is the same as any player, and is subject to criticism like any player.
I disagree on the Keane goal on Saturday. He should have came for it, it was close enough to the goal for him to do so

4 Likes

Keeping away from last season he played two PL matches this season and he made howlers in both matches but for some reason, there are still people who think he is good enough to be our second goalkeeper.

It’s beyond me but everybody is entitled to their opinion.

1 Like

That slightly overlooks the fact that Everton had sent the 6’5” Mina to block off Adrián… and if you don’t believe me, watch the replay on LFCTV Go, like I just have.

But whatever.

2 Likes

I have.
He has the opportunity to come in front of Mina. If he is blocked then its a foul.

Look, not wanting to engage in unwarranted criticism but he causes the defence to be hesitant. He isnt Allison, we all know that. But if Jones comes in for Thiago and fucks up he gets criticised. Thats just the way it is.

2 Likes

Alisson isn’t coming for that corner either though. He might have parried it over the bar but that’s a maybe. He’s got stronger hands and wrists than Adrian.

The failure is in our defence not attacking the delivery, there was no excuse for our passivity from the likes of Robertson, Fabinho, Gomez and Matip when defending balls into the box.

Each of their goals was preventable with stronger defending.

2 Likes