Post Match: Everton v Liverpool (EPL 17/10/2020 12.30pm)

I agree. Notwithstanding him not coming out, the header is straight at him and he got his arms on that. Even if it’s pretty close, he should be doing better. It’s not a generalized criticism, but for that particular play I prefer him saving those.

PS… coming out and then flapping around aimlessly would have been worse. It doesn’t even give the keeper the chance in case he misses those. I do not expect the second keeper to be commanding in the box, plus good with his feet plus saving all the shots hit at him. Atleast the basic ones should do.

2 Likes

Alternatively, if Konchesky is playing when we lose then among a certain section of the fans all the goals are attributed to his shitness without undergoing a good faith analysis of why we conceded. You see how that works?

My objection to your premise is not over whether Jones is good enough. Let’s also remember that earlier in the season there were concerns being raised about Alison’s form because of the goals we were conceding. What are the commonalities? Our defenders not doing their jobs and a general inability of the average fan to reasonably evaluate the performance of keepers.

1 Like

Which I’m sure Coots gives us. Yes sirree.

I think you are using the premise that certain sections of supporters make decisions based on group think, as in Konchesky to excuse Adrian in this instance.
I have commended him when he has played well, and will individually criticise when he has been poor.
You cannot lump a critical opinion into a convenient grouping driven by preconceived notions about the player. Its not how I work to be honest.

1 Like

Fair comment.
Not an excuse, but fair comment

1 Like

Ok, lets take it back to first principles then…your current criticisms of Adrian from this game are ridiculous. Not only will you find very few keepers who would criticise Adrian for not coming for a ball like, you would find a ton who would criticise him if he came and somehow managed to get something on it. He would be criticised for being rash and getting lucky.

I’ll leave you to draw the connection to you repeatedly bringing this back to an overall statement that he isnt good enough and bringing up perceived mistakes in other games.

1 Like

What happened to Gomez? He just drops to his knees for no reason.

I think that was in sheer desperation, he probably expected the worst because it has already happened to him.

2 Likes

It looks like a horrified response to the tackle. There is another image from behind him that shows him standing with his head in his hands, and then moments later down on all fours as you see in the corner of this shot. Some have stated this is because his foot got trod on, but I have seen multiple angles and there is no Everton player anywhere close enough to him to have done that.

3 Likes

Watch Alisson at corners!

I felt that too but thought I might have missed the foot on him in those images. This clip however suggests what you stated else it’s too late a reaction.

No he didn’t!
Technically he did what was correct went back to his line the problem he was behind the play and on the back foot so couldn’t get enough power on his parry like if he had been on his front foot.
Also seen that he was poor with the shot he stopped leading to the corner, yes it looks poor until you notice the bounce just before him. He played it safe which is what you would expect from a goalkeeper lacking confidence and the evidence justifies his decisson.
If he’s gash ok but let’s not distort the truth to try and pile it on.

1 Like

Whatch the way the snide little prick DCL crosses his path, and immidiately after is when Gomez goes down, so I would say it is more to do with yet more Blueshite shit-housery and sindy cuntishness

Calvert Lewin is yards away from him. That’s a trick of perspective.

3 Likes

He’s nowhere near him mate. Fairly sure it was an instinctive reaction from Gomez to a horrible challenge.

2 Likes

… and a penalty for Everton, seems like a no win situation to me!

Yeah! right our defenders are a bunch of pansies so why aren’t we having a go at them?

As expected, Pickford has escaped retrospective disciplinary action, because VAR deemed it not a red card offence. Ha ha! You couldn’t make this up!

2 Likes

We let 5 less goals in than in the last game,progress.

6 Likes

And scored the same nonetheless. Looks for the thread “The attack : What’s the answer?”

1 Like