Post Match: Everton v Liverpool (EPL 24/4/24 8pm)

Player of the match
  • Alisson BECKER
  • Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD
  • Ibrahima KONATE
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • Andrew ROBERTSON
  • Alexis MAC ALLISTER
  • Curtis JONES
  • Dominic SZOBOSZLAI
  • Mohamed SALAH
  • Darwin NUNEZ
  • Luis DIAZ
  • Harvey ELLIOTT
  • Wataru ENDO
  • Jarrel QUANSAH
  • Joe GOMEZ
  • Kostas TSIMIKAS
0 voters

Unused subs: Kelleher, Gravenberch, Clark, Danns,

:arrows_counterclockwise: 64’ Harvey ELLIOTT :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Dominic SZOBOSZLAI

:arrows_counterclockwise: 64’ Wataru ENDO :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Curtis JONES

:arrows_counterclockwise: 64’ Jarrel QUANSAH :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Ibrahima KONATE

:arrows_counterclockwise: 84’ Kostas TSIMIKAS :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Andrew ROBERTSON

:arrows_counterclockwise: 84’ Joe GOMEZ :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD

Well, I don’t know what was worse. Liverpool, the ref, or some of you fucking bellends in the match thread.

Sell 7 players? Get a fucking grip of yourselves .

7 Likes

nunez wanting to start a fight after the game, the guy is a waste of space.

Worst thing about all of this is I had an excuse to not go to my partner’s folks’ place for mothers day in 2 weeks because she knows we have a big game I need to watch. I dont really have that excuse now :see_no_evil:

It is like a whole side just plain forgot how to play the game at the pointy end of the season.

3 Likes

lots of anger on here, might be best to stay clear

1 Like

WTF is wrong with you? You some sort of fucking pussy?

Once a Bitter… Always a Bitter eh -

Posted at 21:5521:55

Post update

Everton 2-0 Liverpool

‘You lost the league at Goodison Park’ sing 36,000-or-so Everton fans.

I repeat, three losses in the last five. Three games in which we didn’t score.
unfortunately this season we didn’t step up when needed

Don’t think Klopp did himself any favours with that starting midfield (in attack his hands were tied). Elliot and/or Ryan to keep there place after the Fulham game

hahahah… i was gonna make a really rude comment, not towards you,…

Bar Ali, Virg, Diaz, Mac and Nunez I honestly wouldn’t batter an eyelid if any other player in this squad were sold.

Quansah and Bradley too.

Rest of them? Nah. Not after the last few months. Shameful.

Only Diaz gets my vote tonight.

1 Like

Genuinely feel like crying after that.

Front three abysmal. They had the chances to put away Everton and didn’t take them. Salah’s shooting, dear me, he looked like he’d been on the ale.

What’s getting to me is not that we’ve thrown away a shot at the title - being in the race was always an overachievement for this side. But the sheer timidity that’s been on show in recent weeks when we’re supposed to be “doing it for Klopp” has been pitiful. They’ve looked sorry for themselves, lacking in ideas, and they were absolutely outfought by Everton tonight.

Just want the season to end now. Feels like a waste, even though we’ve probably achieved a top 3 finish.

7 Likes

Shit balls. That’s a sore one. Lost for ideas once again.

Chances of winning the PL pretty much gone, but for some major upsets from both Arsenal and City. Never say never.

Although the team couldn’t handle the madness of the match, (and the blame lays with them), the ref did us zero favours. Every 50/50 challenge was a free kick to them.

Disappointed Klopp didnt turn to Danns in the absence of Jota and Gakpo.

Time to go and switch off from football for a day or two if possible. Suspect it’ll be a shower of shite on here, given the state of the pre-match thread :rofl:

Diaz had a decent game.

Let’s have some context here. Taking the last few games in isolation is very unfair on the players and Klopp.

We started the season with a completely new midfield. That itself is enough to justify that competing for the title this season would be very difficult.

We then are up against the massive cheats that is City and an Arsenal side on top like we were a couple of seasons.

We had some horrendous decisions against us at the start of the season. Crazy red cards and disallowed goals.

We had tons of injuries in the business end, but we still scrapped through with the kids and ensured we were in the title race.

It finally has come to an halt and would still not have been over if it was just Arsenal we were competing against.

So many pathetic comments in the match thread. Give your heads a wobble and be thankful for what we have achieved till here. This could have been much much worse.

11 Likes

Fucking pathetic.

Wasn’t meant to be, the lads were running on fumes the past few weeks and now its just kicking the ball around for the next few matches and saying goodbye to Jürgen.

He deserved more but it is what it is, now its time for a new project. But football without JĂźrgen Klopp will never be the same.

1 Like