Post Match: Everton v Liverpool (EPL 24/4/24 8pm)

This is unfuckingforgiveable.

I think we’ve always underestimated how much Klopp’s energy and motivating skills has driven these players forward over the years, making them overperform and find true greatness on a collective level.

Take that away, and what’s left is merely the sum of their individual talent.

5 Likes

Some players did nothing. Mo’s no challenge just before the 2nd goal was shameful. I’ve thrown my body in the way playing 5 a side, for free. Fucking disgraceful.

1 Like

Whoever the new manager is he’s got a big job on his hands . Completely devoid of any system in our play. Gave Diaz MOM for his work rate. Can’t blame it on tiredness they are professional athletes FFS. Roll on the end of the season.

Bit shit that.

2 Likes

we have been bad for a while guys…honestly I respect a man who has the foresight to think its the end and time to turn the page to something new. We have looked stale for a while now even when winning games.

1 Like

Overhaul needed. Top to bottom.

Bring in a squad that can go 90mins for 40-45 games a season.

Not a squad that can only go 45mins for 20 games a season…the fuck is anyone supposed to do with that?

It’s a shambles.

I’m not angry about this one, I don’t even feel hurt, it’s just the end of the road for Klopp (something he felt has been coming for a long time).

At least this way we can let him leave knowing he had absolutely nothing left to give to us. He’s poured his heart and soul into this job, this club has advanced leaps and bounds under him. It’s just unfortunate that with the finish line in sight everything seems to have just ground to a halt. Energy is gone - both from the manager and players - formation is all over the place, system is unintelligible, youngsters who helped us when the stars were injured have been left out entirely.

I feel like we, as a club, are just trying to get through the games now. Klopp just wants to leave it all behind. Can’t blame the man. What a great legacy he leaves, and like I said we can let him go knowing he gave us absolutely everything he had - so much so that he couldn’t even squeeze 8 more games out of it.

Edit: Actually I am angry - I’m in the office today and so had to restart my Peacock subscription to watch that match. $5.99 for that!

20 Likes

Let’s have it right. This new team has exceeded expectations. If you’d been told at the start of the season that the team would take the challenge into late April but stumble with four games to go, you’d have accepted that.

Quite a few pundits didn’t have us finishing top four. That’s his far off the pace we looked before a ball was kicked.

Some of you are going on like it’s season four or five of a team expected to deliver.

They’ve done brilliantly to go this far. We’ve have terrible officiating, terrible injuries, and we’ve kept in it. Clinging on. What your seeing now is their efforts catching up with them.

Support the team FFS.

19 Likes

Diaz was our best performer by a mile. Skill & attitude.

3 Likes

I had the feeling that we were running on fumes since January but this felt like the prodigal son coming home to roost. Or some such mixed metaphor.

I think Everton played their hand well. They spotted a ref that would give literally every tackle as a free kick and dived accordingly. Eventually our players stopped intervening.

Looking at the table, we are better than I expected at the start of the season but it’s an absolute kicker when the form runs out at the end of the season.

2 Likes

well said @Sweeting, well said!!

2 Likes

Really disappointing to see us end Klopps last season with such a whimper.

Honestly start of the season all I was hoping for was to get back into the CL and wanted us to try and win the Europa.

Didn’t at all expect us to be challenging for the title.

Still disappointing how it’s petering out.

2 Likes

This. Especially after frequent talk from the players about giving Klopp the send off he deserves after everything he has done for our club. This result is the crowning turd in the drainpipe.

should have saved energy for the actual games instead of talking so much

This is the kind of fucking stupid overreaction I’m talking about.

4 Likes

cry baby GIF

Get a grip mate. You’ll be pulling the head off it on the weekend if we win and the other two drop point’s.

1 Like

Get lost you idiot im sure you post for effect.

you see what i mean @Limiescouse…folks are going crazy in here

Wouldn’t recommend that