Post Match: Fulham v Liverpool (EPL 13/12/20 4.30pm)

Salah and Mane are miles apart, and since Bobby is having a mire of a season, there is no link up in our attack. I dont understand why keep playing him and not giving a chance for somebody else on merit. drop Bobby and let him fight for his place.

6 Likes

You ask that every week , don’t you ? :laughing:

Preperation and a boring match does a lot…

1 Like

The ref deserves some credit for not awarding a pen in the first half to Fulham after going to the VAR monitor. This VAR has become a joke. Good he stuck to his decision.

4 Likes

So, we probably won’t see Matip until March now, after tripping over walking off at half time.

1 Like

Who’s playing instead of him?

2 Likes

Bollocks!
Thankfully we had Alisson returning.
We just couldn’t cope with their intensity 1st half, very poor. Wijnaldum did his dissappearing act when the opposition show intensity.
2nd half we laid siege which was much better even if to little too late. Got the draw so points on the table.
MOTM for us Alisson, for them Anderson and Areola.
2 midfielders marshalling our defense now. :scream:
We’ll get over it. Injuries are mounting looked like Matip had a back problem.

March? You’ll be lucky. Hes played his 6 games for the next 12 months

2 Likes

One away win in the league. Shocking. This team is better than that but need to get it together.

Overall was a poor performance, stepped it up in the second half and should have had enough to beat them but shat the bed.

Played aimless long balls all day, lost the second balls and let them get behind us too easily; if it wasn’t for Alisson we could have easily lost that in the first half.

Midfield was poor today, didn’t get a foothold on the game, played too many long passes, the lack of creativity hurt out forward play.

Firmino’s form is another reason why I am annoyed at losing Jota for the foreseeable future. Too casual on the ball, lost it numerous times just pass it with some convictions ffs.

Matip injury is no surprise, doubt he will be available Wednesday but we need a much better performance.

3 Likes

Maybe Salah in the middle, or Mane. Play a 4-4-2 with Mane and Mo up top. The manager can think of something different. Not the same shape all the time, it looks like we are playing with 10 players all season.

Ok, love the kids and all, but we really need to bring in a CB in Jan.

2 Likes

Another wasteful away game. We don’t have a remedy for this sort of games. I didn’t think, I can say it, but KJ was the best player on the pitch, second half…
If just Keita was in, it would have been a different game. He is expendable!
Game after game, I can’t see what Taki brings to the team, but good call from Klopp.
I can’t lament more :rage:

If all our players were magically fit tomorrow, I’m not sure you can make a case that Curtis Jones should be on the bench.

4 Likes

Jota…no wait…

Our Pep hinted that nobody would be coming in, we will be relying on youth.

Look at the squad injury list. I think we are doing alright tbh. We are scraping through each match, hoping nobody gets injured. Quite a few of the boys will be back by January or at least for the Champions league rounds.
I see this game as a point gained.

4 Likes

Who? :thinking:

1 Like

I couldn’t have been more impressed with Fulham’s aggressive and enterprising play. We didn’t match it and huge opportunity missed. And I love that Antonee Robinson kid. Some talent he is. Big, strong American boy.

2 Likes

Spurs on Wednesday. Oh joy!

Right move by Klopp in the 2nd half to replace the injury prone Matip with shifting Henderson there, as Fulham shot their load in the first 35 minutes (which they played good counters), and so just needed a ball player at the back.

But Taki coming on again didn’t have the necessary effect. We created some openings to get the second, but overall, glad that we managed to get a point when not having our scoring boots on.

Of greater concern is the full blown defensive crises getting improbably worse with each game. Players like TAA oming back from injury will naturally take a few games to reach their top level.

4 points lost by VAR from Brighton and Everton games would have seen us with a nice cushion before the Spuds game, but being 2nd is something other teams with our injury problems would have sunk.

We don;t have a god given right to expect to win games; we need to battle through them at times. Some people are too spoilt and expect robot like performances each game.

SOme positives in this game though, with Curtis Looks a real player.

1 Like